We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second time Thailand or Vietnam (1 month, Oct) ?

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Second time Thailand or Vietnam (1 month, Oct) ?

Hi all !

I traveled Thailand and north Laos for 3 months overall. That was 15 years ago and I've been missing it very much ever since.. I am going for a 1 month vacation in October and quite don't know what do decide... Should I get back to the good and old place (Thailand) which I know I already love, and see new places ? I know for sure I'd like to get to Siem Reap for a few days...

Or do you think it would be better to see Vietnam instead ?

What I loved in Thailand was - Everybody speaks English, parties, lots of single girls travelling with whom you can hook up, Islands, cheap, nature, scooters, temples, bangkok....

Another option would be - 2 weeks in Thailand, Siem Reap another 2 weeks in north Vietnam ? (Flight to Da Nang, travelling up north - Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, Sapa etc.)

Eventually I will want to have as much fun as I haven't had a "long" vacation since I was there the last time ...

What do you think ?

P.S

I know the weather in Thailand in October can be too rainy... ?

Thanks!

Edited: 15 June 2014, 22:57
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second time Thailand or Vietnam (1 month, Oct) ?

Maybe try and see the more cultural side of Thailand this time, did you head up north last time?

October is a rainy month throughout Thailand, but this shouldn't stop you having a good time as it doesn't rain constantly or for very long (usually). Remain flexible and go where the good weather is.

2. Re: Second time Thailand or Vietnam (1 month, Oct) ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:17