We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

Portstewart, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I struggled to find it!

I am travelling to thailand on 23/6 and will only be in the country for four days before heading to the rest of southeast asia.

I have a return flight booked leaving 2/9 but I will be flying in from singapore the night before and will not be leaving the airport. As this is past the 30day touristvisa, what type of visa should I get?

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

If you have a UK passport, no visa required.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

Do you have proof you are leaving Thailand after the first 4 day stay? The airline flying you to Thailand will want to see an airline booking out of Thailand within the 30 days your entry permit allows. If you are traveling overland out of Thailand, you might do well to get a tourist visa in advance or buy a really cheap throwaway ticket on AirAsia.

On your return flight from Singapore, if you are staying airside you need not worry about immigration.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

Agree with MrC. 60 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Embassty in London ar one of the Royal Thai Consulates - see here for various locations http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/179

Your nearest would appear to be Dublin and you have left it very late. You will have to make an appointment to obtain your visa at a Consulate as they are no longer able to accept postal applications.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

Hi

a 60 day tourist visa would be a waste of time and money as she is only going to be in country for 4 days

how are you first leaving thailand by plane train or bus.

probably best to buy the cheapest plane ticket you can find showing yo uare leaving the country within 30 days so your originating flight will allow you to board. or if you have the resources buy a fully refundable ticket showing you are leaving country then after you board cancel and get your money back.

Again you get an automatic 30 visa exemption when you enter thailand not a visa. and if a G7 country you also get 30 days on land crossings so when you arrive by plane you get a 30 day exemption you leave 4 days later get stamped out when you come back to thailand you get another 30 days exemption.

If you come on tourist visa once you leave the visa time is gone unless you get a multi entry visa.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

The length of time on the Tourist Visa is irrelevant. In the absence of knowing whether the OP has a flight out of Thailand within 30 days it is just an alternative to obtaining a throw away ticket to ensure she is allowed to check in. It depends whether she can get a flight cheaper than the cost of the visa. Cheapest flights, certainly with AirAsia are non-refundable if cancelled. You can claim taxes but usually the admin charge cancels that out. It will be interesting to hear what she does.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

I note the OP only had four days before travelling, now down to three, I would book and fly out after the first 3-4 days or purchase a throwaway ticket as others advise.

7. Re: Tourist Visa - UK passport with return flight after 30days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:17