We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day itinerary

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
10 day itinerary

I've been playing around with my itinerary and this is what I'm thinking for a 10 day trip to Thailand. It is our (my husband and I) first trip to Thailand. We like to pack in as much as possible to see the most we can....busy but not TOO busy. I would appreciated any advice!!

(most recently I cut out Phuket...I've been reading that Krabi is the better choice these days)

Here is the most updated version for March 2015--updated itinerary:

Day 1, 2

Bangkok

--day trip to Erawan falls

Day 3, 4, 5

Fly to Chiang Mai (1 hr flight)

elephant experience at a safe place for the elephants

cooking class?

Day 6, 7, 8, 9

Fly to Krabi (2 hour flight)

Ferry to phi phi island & snorkel

day 10

fly from Krabi back to Bangkok (1.5 hr flight)

How does that look!? I'm getting excited!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day itinerary

Hi,

I would forget about Krabi for such a short time. Not to mention the time spent travelling to get to Phi Phi.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day itinerary

What do you mean? You wouldnt bother going to Krabi at all? or you think 4 days is too short? too long?

Also, I read that it was only a 2 hour boat trip to phi phi. We were going to do a day trip

Thanks!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day itinerary

Hi

I think your itinerary doable in such short time. 10 days for 3 destinations.

The trip to Erawan falls perhaps combines it with ( if you're interested) II world war museums, bridge of river Kwai, hell fires just to name a few see which fits with your timing. With short time use private tour guide might be best options for you.

Nan Province...
Level Contributor
530 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 day itinerary

Looks like a great itinerary, personally I would skip the 1 day trip to Erawan. It is not worth the hassle and I would add that day to see more of Bangkok. Make a bicycle trip in Bangkok and see the real Bangkok.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 day itinerary

Hi Jenny,

Initially I misunderstood which is why I suggested you forget about Krabi. If you are interested in waterfalls you could spend a night in Kanchanaburi town where it is possible to arrange transport to visit both the Erawan and the Huay Ka Min falls in a day.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 day itinerary

Thank you all for your suggestions!

7. Re: 10 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:17