We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

I tried looking for this topic to no avail, we will be spending a few days in Ko Phi Phi and I was wondering whether you can hire bicycles to get around the island anywhere?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
166 reviews
126 helpful votes
1. Re: Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

To start, very little of the island is explorable by bike, unless you're a keen off-road mountain biker. There is a road that goes over the hill from Tonsai to Long Beach, and its also possible to cycle at the north end of the island too

I've stayed on Phi Phi 4 times in the last 2 1/2 years, I have not seen any bike hire shops or even bike hire signs at all whilst walking around, but I have seen several tourists riding bikes around Tonsai, so its possible they can be hired, perhaps from guesthouses ?.

Winooski, Vermont
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

Anybody have any updates on this? I would really like to rent a mountain bike while I'm there if possible.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

When I was there, I couldn't find any cycle hire shops but to be honest we didn't even need it. You better off using long tail boats for longer distances and walk around town, the island is tiny.

4. Re: Bicycle hire in Ko Phi Phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2016, 07:15