We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day itinerary questions Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phi Phi, Krab

New York
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
10 day itinerary questions Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phi Phi, Krab

Can anyone/everyone take a look at what I am thinking about doing as listed below, and give me feedback. Is it a doable trip? Should I be spending more time in Chang Mai, more time in Phuket, etc. Also, any touring information, guided day trips, hotels, anything anyone has to offer as related to these places please let me know.

Thursday - Arrival in Bangkok at midnight.

Friday - touring Bangkok during the day. Flight out from Bangkok to Chang Mai Friday Night.

Saturday- Tour Chang Mai, Chang Rai, possibly hook up with tour guide/excursions.

Sunday - Tour Chang Mai, Chang Rai, possibly hook up with tour guide/excursions.

Monday - Fly from Chang Mai to Phuket at 1110 am and explore Phuket remainder of the day.

Tuesday - Explore Phuket, Phi, Phi Islands, James Bond Island,

Wednesday - Get from Phuket to Krabi by Boat? Spend the night in Krabi

Thursday - Spend day in Krabi/surrounding areas. Fly from Krabi to Bangkok at night.

Friday - Tour and Stay in Bangkok

Saturday - Spend the day and night in Bangkok

Sunday - Fly Home

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day itinerary questions Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phi Phi, Krab

My feeling is you are trying to do an awful loy in 10 days. That does not mean it can not be done, but if I was making the trip I would slow down a little, and probably drop one destination. I have found that I do not have the enrgy to go all the time, particularly early in the trip. Jet lag and heat probably account for this. I think you may find you are moving from city to city, only to be tired all the time. For a 10 day trip I would suggest 3 destinations, perhaps Bangkok, chiang Mai, and Phuket.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day itinerary questions Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phi Phi, Krab

Phew! I am exhausted just reading that! My advice is DON'T DO IT!!!!

10 DAYS - I would do 2 destinations 3 AT MOST!

Bangkok 2 nights

Chiang Mai 3 nights

Phuket 4 nights

Bangkok 1 night

Travel is not as quick and efficient as you are probably hoping! Chiang Rai will take too much travel time. Krabi will take too much of your day in travel... You will spend the majority of your holiday travelling and no time to really explore any area!

I would arrive Thur , spend all day friday in Bangkok, fly to Chiang Mai on the Sat morning, spend Sat, Sun & Mon in Chiang Mai, fly Tue morning to Phuket, spend Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri in Phuket, fly Sat morning to Bangkok spend Sat and Sun until you fly home.

In Chiang Mai you might want to do a day trip to Chiang Dao, see the temples, do a cooking class, spend a day at the Elephant Nature Park, do a day trip out trekking to the hill tribes....

In Bangkok you might want to do a day trip to River Kwai / Floating Markets / Tiger Temple with a private guide like Tong, see the Grand Palace and other sights, do some shopping.

In Phuket you might want to do a Phi Phi day trip, Hong by Starlight, Friday night BBQ, day at the Elephant Rehab Centre, laze on the beach....

There is so much to do.... if only 10 days spend the time getting to know a couple of places and have a good time instead of rushing from one place to another just to be able to say I went to all those places... but didnt really see much!

3. Re: 10 day itinerary questions Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phi Phi, Krab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 05:22