We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

july or october????

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
july or october????

Hello, we are planning on visiting Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Koh Chang in October 07 however we have just seen the draw for the Asia cup and the Soccerroos are playing in Bangkok in July (19th I think), my eldest son is a massive soccer fan and player and since we are going to Thailand anyhow in 07 it won't matter when, but, is there much difference in the weather? Which would be a better month, July or October? Many thanks..

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,486 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: july or october????

I have found July to be hotter than October, but Thailand is, to my thinking, warm to hot almost year round. In short, I do not think you will be disappointed either way. All things being equal, I would choose October. In your case, all things may not be equal, and July would be fine also.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: july or october????

Thanks for that, accommodation prices seem to be the same for both months and it will be great to watch the Soccerroos play.

3. Re: july or october????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:22