We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this possible for summer holidays?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
is this possible for summer holidays?

hi all.

we are thinking of spending for the third year now our sumer holidays in thailand.until now we have been twice in bangkok, in phuket and in samui.this year we are thinking to do this:

5 days in chiang mai, 5 days in pattaya and 5 days in krabi.is this doable?are there connecting flights between those destinations?

for accomodation we have these choices: sheraton in chiang mai, sheraton in pattaya and sheraton or sofitel in krabi.has anyone opinion on these hotels cause in trip advisor hotel reviews at least about sheraton chiang mai the feelings are mixed.

what also about safety in thailand?the previous two years we felt very safe-more safe than in europe(!)-but after the bombings in bangkok has anything changed?thanks in advance.oh! and happy new year to everyone!!!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is this possible for summer holidays?

The only problem with your itinerary is that there will be much wasted time in travelling between those desitations. There are no direct connections between them by air.

Assuming you arrive in Bangkok, you could fly to Chiang Mai then return flight to Krabi (via Bangkok).

I suppose you could fly to Bangkok, transfer to Pattaya by car (1 hour), then fly up to Chiang Mai before returning to Krabi (via Bangkok).

Unless you really want to see Pattaya (night life etc) I would considering giving it a miss and extend your stays in the north and south. The beach in Pattaya can't compare to Krabi.

Hotels, all listed are nice, especially the newish one in Pattaya - wow!

Safety while here. My opinion, it's quite safe here now.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this possible for summer holidays?

Yes, this is possible.

As already pointed out you will need to use Bangkok as the hub, and head off in all 3 directions in turn. All 3 places have good connections and won't take too long to get there in each case, so shouldn't need to do any stopping over in Bangkok - although I always recomend it as there's always more to see here.

Safety is the same as ever.

Bombs haven't changed anything. They won't even admit who did the bombings or why................

No point asking any advice on the bombings cos no-one knows nothing.........

Thailand is still one of the safest destinations in the world (in my opinion).

3. Re: is this possible for summer holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 09:20