We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kantharalax

U.K
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kantharalax

Hi,

Has anyone got any information on Kantharalax I am marrying my girlfriend there in May and wondered if anybody could let me know about a local hotel, the size of the place and what to expect. I have travelled around to some pretty obscure parts of the country so I'm not worried just curious. It is only about 20 miles from the Cambodian border and has some Khmer influences but it is very hard to find any independent opinions on the place. I know my girlfriend will look after me but I would like to be able to have a little knowledge on the place.

Thanks,

Dave.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kantharalax

I am not sure I am talking about the same place, but I am familiar with Khantaralac, or a similar spelling, at least to some degree. It is in the southeast corner of Isan, about 50 km from Ubon Ratchathani. In most parts of Isan, you will find day to day life passes at a very slow pace. I have only visited that area for a few hours at a time, so my knowledge is limited. There may be a hotel in town, or you may find staying in Ubon a better option. Ubon is actually a neat enough city, but it is not Bangkok by any stretch. Khantaralac (I am not sure of the correct spelling) is a fairly small town, maybe several thousand residents.

U.K
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kantharalax

Thanks Jnhdrac,

thats the place, it's not quite a one horse town but it is very quiet, I'm only there for 3 days. Ubon is about two hours away so I might stay in Sisaket which is closer. I've been told that staying with my fiance before we are married is not an option so she is going to sort all that out for me, I just wondered what to expect. I travelled around asia a fair bit in the 80's with very little money but I'm more 5 star now so I just want to be prepared.

Dave

3. Re: Kantharalax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 22:19