We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa on arrival

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visa on arrival

I will arrive DMK from Kolkata by Air asia flight on 29/04/2017 at 6.45 A.M and same day my flight from DMK to Surat Thani is 9.50 A.M. So If I get VOA in DMK then is it possible to fly for surat thani at 9.50 A.M ?

I have no check in luggage.

7 replies to this topic
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visa on arrival

If you are not substantially delayed the time should be fine for VOA and checking in again.

Level Contributor
6,055 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa on arrival

Its will be tight, as immigration can take a while at times at DMK, but if there is no delays, and the lines at immigration arnt to backed up, you should make it.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa on arrival

Psyvolt, OP is not using the regular immigration lines as he needs a Visa on Arrival.

Bangalore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: visa on arrival

I am travelling from Bangalore ( INDIA) to Surat Thani ( Thailand) , I am holding Indian passport .. my Air Asia Flight from Bangalore landing at DMK Airport at 6.00AM and my Surat Thani connecting Air Asia flight is at 7.10 AM , with in 1hr 10 minutes I won’t be able to take VISA at DMK airport .. my question is can I proceed to my Airasia connecting flight directly and take the VISA on arrival at Surat Thani Airport..

PNR is the same for Bangalore to DMK- Surat Thani

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,870 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa on arrival

You must take VOA at first port of entry into Thailand, so Bangkok in your case.

Have you booked on one ticket ?

Either way your flights are way to close together imo. You are in trouble !

Edited: 20 September 2017, 17:22
Bangalore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: visa on arrival

Yes all booked in one ticket ..

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa on arrival

Although AirAsia issue FlyThru destinations on one ticket/PNR often with a very short transit and with a guarantee that they will put you on the next avaialble flight if you miss it because of their fault e.g. delay of first flight, they expect passengers to check what might affect passengers missing their second flight, such as in this case VOA processing before booking. So I agree that unless your first flight arrives very early you are likely to miss your flight to ST. So I would look for as cheap as flight as is available from DMK with either AirAsia or Nok Air with a more realistic interval of at least 3 hours in between.

Reply to: visa on arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted