We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Hi

Has anyone of you tried the bicycle tour of Bangkok: hotelthailand.com/tour/…index.html . Is it worth the time and does it provide a way to "Discover the way of life of the local people in Bangkok"?

Regards

Gard

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Interesting..i've never heard of anyone asking this question before. It would be interesting to hear any feedbacks from anyone whos been.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Hi Gard,

Is there such a trip on offer.

I dont think I would like to ride a bicycle through the streets of Bkk, it is bad enough driving in a taxi let alone riding a bike.

No I think walking everywhere and taking water taxi's just keep getting off and on all the way up and down the river and you will see more local life.

Perhaps in the country you could try and sightsee from a bike.

I would like to hear if you do try this.

Have a good holiday.

Pauline

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

The two I found great reviews are

ABC Amazing Bangkok Cycles www.realasia.net

or

Spice Roads www.spiceroads.com

We never got around to do it as we ran out of time but I would go wtih ABC if I went back.... both have great reviews and I think they are both great ideas.... much better than doing the usual stuff!

Reet xx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

This is something we are interested in doing; www.bangkok.com/cycling-tours/index.html . We wouold love to hear from anyone that has tried it - and survived.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Try this one www.absoluteexplorer.com

Probably worth visit as they take you to see the real way of life.

Regards,

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

Just arrived back from Bangkok where we took a bicycle tour with ABC (Amazing Bangkok Cycling). It was excellent and gives a very different view of Bangkok and how the people live. Also the quides were excellent. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

gardkarisen

try the company at www.covankessel.com. it's run by a dutch guy. i've done a couple of tours with him and my wife has done 3, the latest was 4 weeks ago. i've got no problems cycling in BKK, whereas i might just s**t myself in new york or central london.

they do several differnt routes, cost is about 950B, tour lasts about 4/5 hrs. they usually combine them with a ferry ride and long tail boat to get to some of the attractions. can't fault them at all.

about 90% of his clients are dutch, but nearly all of them speak english quite well.

bkk3

London, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

try this one

www.absoluteexplorer.com

you will love it.

Rebecca

New York City
Level Contributor
101 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

I love to bike all over Holland and in Cape Cod in the summers -- and even here in NYC in the parks and along the west side highway bike path but Bangkok!! - as much as I love Bangkok, I have learned that even to walk outside for too long in the heat and exhaust fumes is exhausting. I don't know where the established bike tour takes you but I've occasionally walked rather long distances to various places in Bangkok instead of taking a taxi or skytrain or even the chao phraya river boat (my idea was to see authentic local surroundings and not just the tourist things). I always come to the same conclusion though that walking like that should be limited to an hour or less. I adore Bangkok and go at least once a year - some years three times! but there is no getting around the fact that it is extremely polluted and the traffic fumes are really strong. So just check that out before you decide.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone of you tried a bicycle tour of Bangkok?

ftsnyc, it's not like you think it is at all:

"Did you know that within twenty minutes of jumping on a bicycle at Emporium you can be pedalling your way through the hidden jungles of Umphang? Neither did I, until I did an Amazing Bicycle Tour in the Amazing megalopolis of Bangkok...."

More here: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/47