We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

Lahore, Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

Our passenger will transit through Bangkok on July 16/17 from Islamabad to Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh city. The transit time in Bangkok is 1 hour 10 minutes.

In the past, we have not needed a transit visa while transiting with Thai Airways.

We have seen a suggestion of a change of policy, that transit visa is now required. Can anyone confirm this change of policy, if true.

On return, the passenger has the same routing reversed but an 8-hour transit.

The passenger has no intention to leave the airport.

Thank you

CDF

7 replies to this topic
Tehran, Iran
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

I am Pakistani but live in iran and want Thailand visa for vist please inform me thinks

Karachi, Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

i am from pakistan please let me know about i am landing bkk transfer to dmk have 7 hours stay in bkk any transit visa required in immigiration for transferring please let me knoe

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

Have you looked on the Royal Thai Embassy web site in your passport country to see if you are able to get a transit visa.

This question was asked recently and I think the outcome was you need to apply for a Visa before you leave home.

Chok Dee

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

The airline should be able to answer your question.

#2, If you transfer from one airport to another airport you need one.

Edited: 25 February 2018, 08:17
Macau, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

https:/…

Macau, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

Transit Visa Thailand Requirements

Transit Visa Thailand changes

There has been a recent change in Thai Transit Visa arrangements for certain passport holders. All the passengers holding Pakistani, Nepalese, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan passport travelling via Thailand with transit over 12 hours in Bangkok are now required to get transit visa prior to travel. They may denied from boarding if they don’t get visa prior to travel. As per Thai airways advice, the passengers with their tickets issued prior to 13 March 2017 can still travel without getting transit visa.

However, the layover in Bangkok is less than 12 hours, there is no requirement of prior transit visa for these passport holders. They must have a minimum of 6 months passport validity

Tourist/Transit Visa Exemption

Australian citizens and passport holder from 50 designated countries may travel to or via Thailand without requiring a visa for tourism purpose. They will be allowed a maximum stay of 30 days if travelling via flight and holding a confirmed ticket to next destination. If entering via land from neighbouring countries, they will be permitted to stay for 15 days on each visit. For longer stays, purposes other than tourism, or for other passport holders a visa is required to travel to Thailand.

Source:

Thai Consulate Melbourne

Visa Exempt Countries

Thai Airways

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen

i am from pakistan please let me know about i am landing bkk travelling with Catheypacific airline from china transfer to Srilanka have 4 hours stay in bkk any transit visa required in immigiration for transferring please let me knoe

Reply to: Bangkok Transit Visa for Pakistani citizen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted