We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floods in Bangkok in november

singapore
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
Floods in Bangkok in november

I

We

We plan to visit bangkok from 8/11 to 11/17.May I know what is the risk of flooding during this time?

May I know where I can find good & reasonably good tailors for men?

How much will it cost for taxi from mbk hotel area to don mueng airport & is it possible to get taxi from don mueng to my airbnb at mbk area if I arrive at 1130 pm?

Thanks

The Twelve Hotel
The Twelve Hotel
#6 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
#8 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
Lancaster Bangkok
Lancaster Bangkok
#15 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
6 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

There are many tailor in MBK and Siam Square area.As for taxi, there is no problem either way but insist on meter.The taxi meter fare inclusive of airport surcharge is about 400B and no need to use highway toll at 1130pm.

Chok Dee

Edited: 21 October 2017, 15:57
Mentioned in this post
Mbk
Mbk
174 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Siam Square
Siam Square
646 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
343 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

This is already the end of the rainy season and Bkok did receive very heavy rains this year. But it will clear soon before the peak period begins in Nov so you should be safe.

singapore
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

Thanks Lionel and leomark.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,650 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

Hi Pandanleaf

About tailoring in Bangkok, I would encourage you to read through some of the many threads on this subject. You'll discover that there are a great many reports about poor quality work and work being incomplete when goods are delivered to customers at their hotels only a few hours before their departure flights. Please take great care before committing.

I would suggest that you'd need to be in town about a week for a good job and you'd need at least 3 fittings. It's wise to collect your garments at the tailor's at least a full day before your departure to ensure that all is what was ordered and that you are completely satisfied.

Good luck. You're probably going to need it.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

Travelkat88

U are right,need more days and same apply to me for my Bangkok progressive spectacle which requires at least 5 days and an extra day, should there be any alteration.

My regular optician have my corrected new spectacle posted back to Singapore

Chok Dee

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floods in Bangkok in november

Fairly low chance of flooding at that time of year, had floods last weekend but by Monday are was clear. Taxi depends on time of day and traffic but expect about 300 baht. There are other options if that is too expensive such as BT’s to Mo Chit then A1 bus to dmk.

Reply to: Floods in Bangkok in november
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted