We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

Hello,

I know the airport link stops running at midnight but if my flight arrives at 23:10 will that be too late to catch without any checked baggage?

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

Probably, it often takes about 40 mins to clear immigration and baggage from landing, it is often quite a long walk, so getting down to the ARL by midnight is tight even if you land on time. Immigration is often longer than the baggage, case is already there when I cleared immigration the last few times, immigration has certainly been worse recently. If you are too late then just take a taxi. Other problem is the exchanges next to the ARL will also be closed so you may have to change money inside airport at poor rates, just get enough for the taxi, say 500 baht should be more than enough.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

Okay thank you.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

This question was asked on here about a month ago with a similar landing time. I always allow one hour between actually touching down and being through the other end at the basement of the airport or at the taxi ranks. I believe the last ARL departs Suvarnabhumi around 23.48 so you would have to be lucky with no queue's at immigration and not having a 10-15 minutes walk from plane to the immigration queue

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,616 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?

With no baggage claim, you MAY make it, but just barely. Timeline: 23:10 touchdown, 23:20 out to gate, 23:30 at Immigration (if you walk fast), 23:40 cleared Immigration (if you get lucky), 23:50 at ARL platform (down two levels), last train leaves at midnight.

When you get to Immigration, keep walking past the first queue area to a second area which is often relatively empty.

If you see you’re not going to make it, just relax. As soon as you walk through Customs, head down one level and out the doors to the Public Taxi kiosks, where you can grab a ticket for a cab.

Reply to: Is arriving at 23:10 too late to use the airport link?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted