We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyoke sky Hotel

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Biyoke sky Hotel

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here before? we are booked in for 6 nights in november in a junior sweet. but i have heard mixed reveiws about it.

Also are there any good , cheap little eating places aroung this area?

Thanks Emily

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

Emily

We stayed there about 3 years ago in a junior suite. It is a great location for shopping. Cheap eats nearby are not so common. The hotel itself is ok, but we wouldn't hurry back. Pool is ok if you like lots of concrete. Restaurant at the top is a frenzy of tour bus patrons. As it is a buffet, they had a large variety, however I really didn't enjoy it because of the volume of people they push through. The coffee shop on the reception floor is much more peaceful, and we ended up breakfasting there. Room was very spacious but basic, and unfortunately whilst the views are meant to magnificent, the windows were so dirty that you seriously couldn't see out - it was like opaque glass. If you are after a top location for market shopping, it is fantastic, otherwise it is pretty average hotel.

Also, it has a sister hotel (Baiyoke Suites) which is absolutely awful - DO NOT stay there. They are both in the same location is the Indra Hotel, which we have stayed at 3 times prior. Indra is a nice basic hotel and the restaurants and coffee shop are much better (you could always eat there). We thought we would try Baiyoke Sky, as it is a spectacular building, and looked impressive in the brochure, I would go back to the Indra if I wanted to stay in that area again. - Sorry - hope this helps!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

Hi,

We stayed here on our honeymoon and didn't really like it. The buffet breakfast was the not that great and the room we had was sparsely furnished. We found the hotel staff not very helpful either. The Indra regent is just around the corner looks a lot better and nicer rooms. Not a lot of restaurants near hotel but the MBK shopping centre and Pratnum market nearby.

There are nicer hotels in Bangkok.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

That area is too busy for me.

How about Ibis? smaller and it think it might be cheaper..or Samran place..it's in a great location.

Darwin
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

Thanks everyone for all your information. Might try the Indra!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

Have a look on sawadee website. You can scroll through and look at heaps of different Bangkok hotels with reviews and prices etc. We have used this website to book accomodation all over Thailand. Great easy to use and cheaper than a travel agent.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

I like Samran Place!

I kept telling myself, because it's a budget hotel, so don't expect too much. But HEY! The staff there were GREAT! Friendly and helpful, very sincere in everything they do. The breakfast although not much option and porting was small, but all was good enough. The location, most of the cabby don't know the place so you have to take along with you the business card of the hotel. Walking distance to their public train transport, and their whole-sale-mall: Platinium Shopping Centre. There's nothing I dislike about the place and I recommend everyone to try. It's fantastic!

For this hotel can save my money on the hotel to stay at this comfortable place and use the money to go SHOPPING!

7. Re: Biyoke sky Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 05:26