We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in Bangkok?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Dancing in Bangkok?

Does anyone know where there are any places in Bangkok where you can do salsa, tango and cha cha etc.? Read in Lonely Planet guide that the 'Q' bar does do some latin music but never been there. Any ideas? Thanks.

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Beezely

there are a couple of places that do this but it's best to check first

FoGoViVo (Brazilian for "live fire") is a Brazilian restaurant that has a large dance floor where you can flamenco and salsa to your hearts content. they also have a Brazilian buffet meal for 1000B which is excellent. it's best to check on the night you want to go. i went there for a meal with some friends and there was a large birthday group there (about 80 thais) who had no interest in salsa etc so they did the usual loud dance music even though they told us we would all get a free salsa lesson. didn't happen. they are located in the President Tower Arcade, 973 Ploenchit Road (next to the Intercontinental Hotel), Tel: 02 26560382.

the other place is the Rioja Spanish restaurant located at 1025 Ploenchit Road. they also run a dancing school there but i don't know if you can dance at the restaurant. i've never been. Tel: 02 2515761/2

bkk3

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Thanks so much, will give them a go.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

hello

I am an Argentine tango dancer in Bkk.

for argentine tango in Bangkok, you can find tango events here:

www.tangobangkok.com

for salsa, etc. I recommend to go to Salsa Bangkok website :

www.salsabangkok.com

to find the salsa venues.

Geraldine

www.style-pilates.com

www.style-pilates.com/tango-bangkok.html

Bangalore
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Both the Q bar and Bed supper club on Sukhumvit Soi 11

Play Latin Music on Certain days of the week, but I really

doubt if people do Salsa and Tango at these Places.

I visited both these places but on a weekend and both are chic

and happening. Worth visiting but be aware that they close at 2am.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Thankyou so much for your replies. My dancing shoes are already packed!!!

sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Pool bar at Indra Regent !!!!!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Al, as you know there is a perfectly good dancing floor just before you head out to the bar at the Indra....Or it could be a very good dancing floor after you have visisted the bar!!!! Dancing around the pool could also be an option after those boys mix their 'famous' coctails for us .Bring on Wednesday night I say , oh and Thusday night, and Saturday night and........4 more sleeps. (oh am i allowed to say that now?)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

We packed our dance shoes on a whim last year against reports that there was no such thing in Thailand... we didn't find any places to do Latin dance, but in the hotels where we stayed with those lovely shiny teak floors and their in-house "bands" we did East Coast and West Coast Swing, Cha, Night Club and 2-step (to some rather funny sounding country music). It was a bit hot to wear our shoes tho' so sometimes I just went barefoot. Worked OK until the hubby put me into a double or tripple turn and kind of heated up the soles of the feet!

We just snagged whatever opportunity. Once walking back to the hotel at night at Golden Triangle during Songkran, so as not to get drenched, there was a bunch of young guys being young guys with a boom box and some beer, so we did a West Coast swing for them and they let us by nice and dry! Enjoy!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

That is so true. As long as you pick up the beat you should be able to tango anywhere :))

Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dancing in Bangkok?

Hi Beezely, have a fabulous time dancing your heart out.

Rene