We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skytrain

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Skytrain

Hey all -

Does anyone know how to get the sky train from the BKK airport? I'm headed to the Shangri La (S6, Saphan Taksin, I believe) - is the skytrain convenient from there or am i better in a cab? Thanks!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skytrain

I do not think the Skytrain is open to the airport. If you have much luggage, a cab will be more convenient, particularly during rush hour.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skytrain

The sky train is not open to the new airport and by reports will not be open for at least a couple of years.

Best bet is taxi or if on a tight budget then the airport bus.

Tho if you have lotsa luggage taxi is the best. At lease you will not have to carry your own luggage.

Enjoy your trip

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skytrain

defintely cab it!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skytrain

No skytrain nearby Bkk Airport,only taxi can take you to.....

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skytrain

Thank you all!!

I dont know if this question can be answered, but I'm on a tight schedule and I need to be at my hotel 2 1/2 hours after I land. Would anyone be able to tell me what the road is like (traffic-wise) from the airport to SRL at around 4pm/5pm?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skytrain

Traffic will be very heavy - 2 1/2 hours from the time you land probably isn't going to get you there.

You might save some time by arranging a transfer with the hotel. You won't have to stand in line for a taxi. It will be much more expensive but if you need to be there it will save some time.

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Skytrain

oh no- i may need to change my flight. thanks for the advice

8. Re: Skytrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:16