We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

Is anyone able to recommend a translator in Bangkok to translate our statutory declarations into Thai and then later our wedding certificate into English?

I'd love to know about anyone else's experiences, how much it will cost etc?

I am weighing up whether to do it all myself or pay for it to be organised for me.

Cheers!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

There are a bunch of translation companies around the intersection of Wittahyu (Wireless) Road and whatever road turns in to Sukhumvit, maybe Ploenchit Road is the name. They are sandwiched between the US and British embassies. I used them for my wife's visa application.

Make sure you proof read their work. When I went to pick up what i hired them to do, they at first did not give me any stamped documents indicating it was a "certified" translation, but they corrected that quickly. I do not remember which company we used, but there are several around that intersection. Most are on Witthayu, within 1 block of Ploenchit.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

I think it's near US Embassy..but there are many of them in bangkok!

you need the certified one...make sure you get the stamp like the previous poster said.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

Thanks for the tip! I don't think I can proof-read in thai though :S

4. Re: Help finding a translator (Eng to Thai) for wedding docs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 14:22