We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

My wife and I will be in Thailand in late February 2008 and would like to use the Thai Airways Discover Thailand fare promotion. You guys know the know the one, any 3 flights for 199 USD. A few questions for those of you that have used this promotion or just are all around smarter than me.

1) How do I purchase the 3 flight package? There is info on it on the thai airways website but I don’t see where you but it at.

2) Once I have purchased the package, how do I book flights with it? I am planning on going from chiang mai to phuket and I know there is only one direct flight and I don’t want to miss it.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

I think it is just like a regular Star Alliance airpass.

Any half-decent travel agent should be able to book it for you. Just walk in and say you would like to book the TG's Discover Thailand package with these flights on these dates. I believe you can change the flights after the first one (so your 2nd and 3rd) at no or minimum charge.

If you have problems just phone TG and they'll point you in the right direction.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

When you purchase the pass, you book the flights at the same time. You can do it by telephone with Thai Air very easily.

Level Contributor
181 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

Hi Johnny

My husband and I just returned from Thailand Last Friday. And I'm ready to go back. Anyways, about the Discovery Pass. I purchased ours by calling Thai Airways' customer services. You are unable to purchase them online. At least that was the case when I was doing it. You should also know where you want to go and the dates as you will need this information when booking. The flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket is less than 2 hrs. Let me know if I can be of more help

New York City
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

Just an fyi to those looking to purchase the Discover Thailand package - the 3 coupons must be used by the same person. I was hoping to buy 4 coupons and split it with my boyfriend, but the Thai agent (who wasn't very nice, by the way), said it was not transferable.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

We were looking at booking the same thing. However, when looking into everything, we found it was going to be much cheaper if we stuck to AirAsia and NokAir. A ticket I just booked in March was right about $45 USD one way, including taxes. Also keep in mind the Thai Fare will have taxes on top of that. The biggest asset the Thai package has is the ability to travel Chiang Mai to Phuket non-stop. With the other carriers, you'll have to travel through Bangkok, while picking up your baggage and rechecking it in there (no transfers allowed).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

In my findings the Thai Airways Discover package is only worth it if you are using the Chiang Mai/Phuket (or similar) fare. The price is about 4250 BHT as it is plus taxes so by the time that flight is all said and done you might as well book the package. If not booking this flight, Nok Air and the other discount airlines seem to offer much cheaper one way flights.

Does anyone know if this is Discover package is done yearly? I am ready to book for late January/early February 2009 but I am not sure if they have released the package for 2009 yet. Thanks for the help!

7. Re: Discover Thailand Thai Airways Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 19:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor