We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Where is cabbages and condoms in relation to Khao san rd?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Off Sukhumvit Road, not a long walk from the Nana Skytrain stop.

More info on these links:

gonomad.com/features/…snedaker_cabbages.html

…nytimes.com/travel/…

One of the bad points for Khao San Road - no easy close access to the Skytrain!

You can take a meter taxi directly to C&C or to the nearest Skytrain stop and continue the trip by rail.

There are local buses that can get you in that direction if you have the time and patience.

Tuk-tuks will be more expensive than a meter taxi cab. Don't bargain the price of the fare for a meter taxi - tell the driver meter only! If the taxi driver doesn't want to use the meter (they are required to anyway) get another one of the "thousands" of taxi cabs in Bangkok!

Or you can get a hotel on Sukhumvit Road and walk to this place. Lots of hotels on Sukhumvit under 1400 baht.

Have safe fun!

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Thanks we're definately staying near Khao san so a metered taxi sounds best, we just fancied trying this restaurant.

Is it very far from khao san, i'm just thinking if its like a two hour cab ride then not worth it.

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Brilliant restaurant ---go there. Depending on traffic conditions taxi ride should take roughly 30--40 minutes.

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

bunnytrecker

Cabbages/condoms is located on sukhumvit soi 15. if you are going for dinner say between 7-8 p.m. i WOULD NOT take a taxi from khao san road as this is peak traffic time and i guarantee there will be gridlock the closer you get to Sukhumvit road.

i suggest you do whatever you want to do during the afternoon first and try and stay reasonably close to a BTS station, then get the train to the nearest BTS station that is closest to soi 15.

bkk3

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

Hi

I walked through Khao San Rd in May and I had to get back to Sukhumwit for an appointment. I took a motorcycle taxi and that was pretty fast but it can be a bit of a thrill ride and it is not a very safe option. But I arrived alive at least :-) So you could take a motorcycle taxi to eg. MBK and take the skytrain from there if you want to minimize your time on the bike :-) I did eat at Cabbages and Condoms and it was good. You might have to book in advance by the way.

Regards

gard

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

thankyou i've been looking on some maps, think I have my bearings now, thanks for replys think we'll give it a go by sky train and cab back

7. Re: cabbages and condoms, too far from Khao san rd???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 17:20