We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suam Lum night market

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suam Lum night market

Has this market closed? What other night markets are worth going to? We will not be in Bangkok over the weekend.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suam Lum night market

Yes it's still open and going strong. I was there two weeks ago for some shopping. The chatuchak market is still good to check out during the week too, not just weekend. I actually like it better because a lot less people. The biggest selection and some of the best prices are in MBK. Definitely go there.

Daytime: Chatuchak

Night: Suan Luam Night Bazaar

MBK: Anytime

All have restaurants/food courts

Stay out of Pat Pong Night Market---just big ripoff, high prices.

craig

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suam Lum night market

if you have time to do only one market, i would suggest suan lum...less crowds, same goods, better prices compared with patpong.

MBK is worth a look for copies. other shopping malls like siam paragon and central world are great but we were not into high end shopping when we were in BKK.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suam Lum night market

I'd suggest Jatuchak over suan lum too. Plus also try Platinum mall instead of mbk.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suam Lum night market

Is the daily chatuchuk market the same as the weekend one or are the shops different/ not as many open??

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suam Lum night market

not all the shops at the weekend market open..but still good to see..not too crowded..

Suan Lum Night Baz. is lovely..

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suam Lum night market

Apologies for butting in folks, is Suan Lum night market definately still open??? I'm not in Thailand till next august but was definately on my to do list. I read that it was closing down??? Was this meant to happen then hasn't or what??

Lou

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suam Lum night market

Lou;

As said above it's still open, and going strong. There are no indications that I saw that it was closing. I even asked my Thai girlfriend who lives and works in Bangkok and goes there frequently, and she said it was staying open as far as she knew. She hadn't heard anything about it closing.

Craig

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suam Lum night market

yeah hopefully its staying open then, it was this that i'd read

bangkok.com/travel-news-update/index.html#su…

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suam Lum night market

That's an apparently old post on Bangkok.com. We're obviously well apst the April 07 deadline mentioned, and I didn't see any empty places there in november. Maybe something happened to change the situation since that post in Bangkok.com.

Don't know.

Craig

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Suam Lum night market

It's open and going strong. Definitely a must visit on any trip to BKK no matter how short the visit