We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Air????????

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Eva Air????????

I am flying with Eva air from London to Bangkok in January, can anyone tell me of their experience flying with this airline. Do they charge a high amount for excess luggage? Whats the in flight entertainment like etc....

Essex
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eva Air????????

I flew with Eva Air last year and was so impressed I have re-booked them for my trip next week. The inflight entertainment was amazing you have your own tv screen and a multitude of channels to watch. The food was great and the staff friendly. I have no idea about extra charges for excessive baggage as we didnt carry too much. I have been told that Eva Air is better that Thai airways but, mainly because of the in flight entertainment.

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eva Air????????

Hi:

I have flown with EVA Air twice in year 2007 route

LAX-TAIPEI-BKK. My experiences were excellent from

the new aircraft B777 to the food services and with

good airfares too.

I don't know much about extra luggages . I only travel light with 20kg. for myself. This is the airline for me to the SE.Asia

And my next fly in year 2008 will be EVA Air .

Enjoy,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eva Air????????

Hi there,

I have been to Asia a few times in the last few years. The two carriers I used were China Airlines and Eva. Eva provided great service (not saying that China Airlines isn't), very friendly. The service was far more superior then most American's carriers. If I remember correctly, they even served wine in economy.

A friend of mine told me that premium economy is also great. Most travel mags also concurred about the great value of premium economy. It's something to think about if you want more service. Something I want to try on my next trip to Asia.

As for the entertainment options, It was standard like other long haul flights (at least from LAX to BKK via Taipei.

Sorry I have no clue about the excess bagguage charges. Perhaps you can ask your travel agent or surf their site and find out.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip! Bon Voyage!

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eva Air????????

Hi:

The Eva Airline Elite class is a great value to travel LAX-TAIPEI-BKK route. I paid extra 300usd

to have this seat and it was a good investment

with a much comfy seat, red wines all I want

during the fly. These seats are very limited and

the Airline fill them very quick in every fly.

Enjoy,

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eva Air????????

Always had a good experience with eva great service. Can't help with the excess luggage though I am a 'light' traveller.

London
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Eva Air????????

I am flying to Bangkok with Eva Air in September from London Heathrow in economy. The plane is the 747 and I just wanted to check what the inflight entertainment is like. Can anyone tell me please?

Texas
Level Contributor
278 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eva Air????????

Check their website for luggage charges. Although even the US carriers allow 1-2 pieces for international flights.

I really like them. The class just up from Coach is really nice for the price you pay. In this class everyone gets a TV monitor.

8. Re: Eva Air????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 11:23