We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best seats on Thai airlines

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
best seats on Thai airlines

I'm flying out to Bangkok on Thai air.....never flown with them. Would anyone recommend best seats? By best seats I mean best view of flip TV's and best legroom, although I can't travel by the emergency exit as I've got young kids.

Also, do the bulk-head seats recline?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

I took Thai Air from the US to Bangkok so not sure if the aircraft or configurations are the same as from the UK. I flew in premium economy which was a little more money than economy but had more legroom...so much that when the person in front reclined fully it wasn't a bother...and a legrest. The tv was a personal screen in the seatback in front of me though I assume the entire plane's entertainment system would be set up the same for all passengers. Great choice of movies, tv shows, and games. You can also check out seatguru.com. Hopefully someone else can answer your question about the bulkhead seats. Have fun!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,680 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

Have a look at http://www.seatguru.com/

for details of Thai (and most airlines) aircraft seat plans and indications of which are good and not so good. I think the aircraft is a Boeing 747-400 Vers.2

3. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 01:50
Southern California
Level Contributor
530 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

the planes from the UK are different than those from LAX to BKK

the bulkhead seats on the AirBus from LAX do recline, but I believe your seats from London will be on a B747

so find out for sure and then go to

SEATGURU.COM

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

Hi llanitaBristol

We myself and 2 teenagers are also flying Thai air. We were at first given seats that were not great and had a warning sign by them (seatguru) We then requested the bog standard ones at the back. The best seats are the ones that you pay to upgrade too!! However Thai air seem to have quite a good rep anyway so fingers crossed.

Devon
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

I have just looked this up myself as I am travelling out from Heathrow London a week from Friday and was interested on viewing the seating arrangements and your right it is a B747. We have ecomony seats and I was interested in knowing whether the tvs are all in the headrests? Reading on Thai Airways not all their planes have this but instead have a drop down tvs and anyone confirm?

Thanks

Tammy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,680 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

TVs are drop downs not in seat backs on this aircraft.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

Entertainment was very poor on all of my flights with Thai last year but everything else was very good.

Devon
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

Thanks for the information on the tvs. I thought they were in the headrests so thats a disappointment as your not going to be able to select your own viewing, this was something I was looking forward to. My sister flew with Thai to Singapore from Heathrow and they had the tvs in the headrests so I suppose I expected the same. Well at least I know before boarding the aircraft.

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best seats on Thai airlines

Hi

We flew Heathrow to Bangkok last month with Thai Air. Leg room is excellent for all seats...my husband is 6'2" and didn't have a problem. No tv's in headrests. The screens were not the small flip down but large fixed screens. We opted for row 47 window after studying seat plan. I don't bother with tv but my husband was able to watch it from his window seat. The seats were also not next to the toilets or the food/drinks area so not noisey.

Flight out was excellent...good food and plenty of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Return flight not so good. Initially plenty of food and drinks but then very little to drink until towards end of flight. We were very dehydrated.