We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reticketing Troubles...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Reticketing Troubles...

Hi all,

It seems that I might need to reticket my return flight back to LAX. I booked through delta.com but operated by China Airlines. I don't see any Delta's office in BKK but there is a China Airlines office at the Penisula Plaza.

How does this work? Can I just deal directly with China Airlines or do I have to suffer long calls with Delta's people? was told by a friend here that China Airlines does not charge a recticking fee. I know Delta will. Thanks very much.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reticketing Troubles...

You could try reticketing through China Airlines...wouldn't hurt at least. But I think since you booked through Delta they will have to change it as well.

Be aware that there will be a fee for changing unless you have purchased a ticket that excludes change fees...usually only full fare Y in economy have no change fees. You may also have to pay a fare difference if the fare class you originally booked is not available on the new date you want, though if it is cheaper you won't usually get a refund. If you have extenuating circumstances which make the change necessary, like an illness or death in the family, change fees might be waived...you will be asked to provide proof in the form of hospital admission/death certificate etc.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reticketing Troubles...

Easiest would be to go to China Airlines office there and they will either reticket or direct you on what to do.

3. Re: Reticketing Troubles...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:19