We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Bangkok

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel in Bangkok

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help. My partner and I are coming to Bangkok this year for our honeymoon and I have a few questions:

- Is the Lebua a good hotel and in a good location? If not do you have any other suggestions? We want to make sure we are close to the trains and attractions?

- Is October/November a good time to go?

Any advise would be welcomed x

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok

Hi There

The Lebua is quite OK, nice big rooms and about 5 minute walk to the skytrain.

Nearby is the Shangri La which I prefer, a touch closer to the skytrain and a bit more upmarket, also right on the river and has a great pool area.

If you want to be in the middle of the Sukhumvit area the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is very good, has a direct link to the Skytrain as well.

Probably depends which area appeals more as to which one to choose, the skytain journey between the river and the Sukhumvit Road area is only about 15-20 minutes depending on where you get off.

Suspect October/November may be at the tail end of the wet season but the weather is easy to check on the WWW. We were there late September and the weather was quite OK but hot and humid as usual.

Regards

Robert

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,839 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok

I agree with the above poster on Shangri La Bangkok. You will benefit from the close proximity to the skytrain, the beautiful rooms and the most amazing view of Bangkok.

I have never stayed at Le Bua but heard execellent feedbacks .. it's just less commercial than the Shangri La and considered more of a high class boutique hotel.

To be right in town for shopping but away from the river, you can try the Grand Hyatt Erawan or the Four Seasons. Both are very near the skytrain and walking distance to Bangkok biggest shopping malls, MBK hall and Pratunam wholesale market.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok

Just returned from the Shangri-la. I loved how it is right next to the river but has immediate access to Skytrain and the river taxis. The Krungtep wing is almost right next to the Skytrain station and pier.

If you're staying in the main wing, it's about an extra 5 minutes of walking through the 3rd floor of the hotel to get there.

Skytrain takes about 15 minutes to Siam Station and less than 30 minutes to get to Chatuchak Market. You're at the terminal station so you always get a seat.

It's also very convenient to go to the Grand Palace via the ferries.

It's an older hotel but the rooms are still clean and elegant. Great staff. It has a few restaurants on the edge of the river and prices are actually pretty reasonable.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
13,816 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Grand Palace
The Grand Palace
29,905 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok

Cannot help but agree with the above posters. I am well travelled and have stayed in some top hotels in my time, (I used to work in travel) and until recently my favourite hotel has always been the Shangri-La Tanjung Aru in Sabah. BUT, this has been superceded (only just) by the Shangri-La in Bangkok. I stayed in the Krungthep Wing and it was out of this World! A chandelier almost as big as me, remote control for the TV, the curtains, the lighting, etc, etc. I had a top floor room overlooking the river - fantastic!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
5. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 21:23