We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decent dance club for teenage fun?

Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
decent dance club for teenage fun?

I will be in Bangkok with my 2 teenagers, (18 & 19 yrs old)and this hip 40-something mom would like to include a dance club for our evening entertainment. Can anyone recommend somewhere safe & somewhat decent, where we can have after-dinner drinks & dance to a mix of current & retro music? We will be staying in the Sukhumvit area.

Sing Sing Theater
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Nana Plaza Bangkok
Dance Clubs & Discos, Bars & Clubs
Live RCA
Dance Clubs & Discos, Bars & Clubs
London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

The Sheraton on Sukhumvit has a disco which might be OK. A lot of places around there will be populated with working girls, so anywhere you go in Suk might be worth checking it out yourself beforehand.

Level Contributor
85 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

Today is my last day of my 10 days trip to Thailand where I visited Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Bangkok.

Believe me nothing is decent here at this country, you may go to Malaysia better.

Level Contributor
753 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

BK is lovely and decent in my opinion!

As a cool mom I sure a few working girls won't spoil the evening. Of course check out where you are going to make sure that its not a brothel but a few working girls are harmless.

Like I have said before I have been to clubs/bars with my wife and not had any problems. We didn't even check out the places we were going into before hand just walked into where it seemed lively.

We get the same thing in the UK, go to a nice club in the VIP area and its full of gold diggers!!! Does that stop pleople from going to top call clubs!

Enjoy the trip and have fun

Dr J

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

Try the Royal City Avenue - known as RCA by the locals - area. This is where the youngsters go and there won't be "working" girls lurking about. It has the lastest hip clubs and the clientle is mostly university kids.

Located between Petchburi and Rama 9 rds. It's not far from Asoke and Sukhumvit BTS.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

If your kids are under 20 I don't think you can take them to most of the dance clubs here in Bangkok; 20 is the legal age for entry to clubs.

Perhaps one of the hotel bars/pubs would be a more likely choice.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

That is true. The legal age for admission to ANY entertainment venue (bars pubs clubs) is 20. The authorities do make regular checks, and many places demand proof of age for young people.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

BKK dance clubs are fairly strict regarding age requirements and do check IDs, bars on the other hand are generally no problem.

Bellingham, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

I'm a Thai college student studing in the states, I'd recommend RCA district on a friday or saturday night. Mostly young stylish Thais go there. I.D. is required for tourists too. Lots of police presence. Try Route 66 club, it's the hottest one right now.

Bellingham, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

Oh yeah, and if you go to Chiang Mai, let them go to Discovery or Mandalay clubs, this is where the Thai teens go instead of the old dirty tourists, stay away from the spice club.

10. Re: decent dance club for teenage fun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 15:21