We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

Anyone able to recommend any websites offering good value flights to Bangkok in August.

Have tried quite a few and can't get anything for less than £3000 for 2 adults and 3 kids, which seems high.

Ta

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

August is high season for flights ex Europe, due school holidays. Most of the airlines increasing the fare during that time. I think you will have to surf around on the internet or another TA might have a website for you.

Tony

Norwich
Level Contributor
189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

Try Kayak.com and lastminute.com and use the 'my dates are flexible' option. This should show you all the cheapest flihts around the time you want to go.

You may find booking a bit later in the year will help, look out for flight sales and sign up for email alerts. Unfortunatly the price for kids is going to be the same as adults which makes it high.

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

Hi Lou,

I paid already for my tkt. GBP. 590.00 incl. taxes during off-season. Then GBP. 3,000.00 for all 5 of you in high season is not that bad at all. For a whole family it is ofcourse a lot. Please note that the fares have been increased by 30% due fuel increase, taxes etc. On the other hand cost of living in Thailand is much cheaper than in Europe. You have to compare that as well. However what you are going to decide, I wish you all 5 a nice summer holiday.

Tony

Norwich
Level Contributor
189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

I couldn't find less that £530, most were £580 for this weekend (March) but then one flight came up we got our 3 tickets at £380. No idea why as on the airline website it was still £530 ish. That was through lastminute but I have to admit that we were flexible by about 4 days both ends and we have a stop over. With kids maybe you'll want direct which if this is the case it's worth paying a bit more. (though I suppose 'a bit' more on 5 tickets adds up :$)

Keep looking and as said, it's very cheap once there.

Heathrow
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

I agree with the other comments which have already been made. August is going to be difficult. This year we decided to incur the wrath of the teachers and go during the half term holiday plus one week of school time in October/November. I was able to get direct flights on Eva a couple of weeks ago at £469 adult and £394 for the children. Like a lot of airlines Eva tend to drift in and out of the market and you might be lucky if you wait a bit.

Alternatively I suggest that you try telephoning Trailfinders London office (020 7938 3939) where the staff are very cluded up and will want your business if you are willing to spend £3,000. Ask them if they can do you a 'package tour' which consists of the flights you want plus one night's hotel accomodation anywhere in Thailand. I can't guarantee this will work, but sometimes you can get the package for less than the airfare and/or you can get a direct flight or better connection.

You could also try asking Trailfinders if they can get any lower fares using obscure routes that don't come up on an ordinary internet search - like flying Jet Airways via Delhi.

If all that fails you may find that someone like Travelmood have a true package that would suit you at a good price.

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

Hi Lou I'm also lou and am also trying to book flights to bangkok for August!

The cheapest i'm getting at the mo with ebookers is £626 ish.

keep us posted on what you find

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

have you tried any of the travel agents that are on teletext?

if you phone around you might be surprised.

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

hi try etihad ,flights will be expensive.but sometimes they seem to put cheap seats on sometimes might be for 1 day or so.This happened to me they quoted £650 then when i looked 2 days later got flights for £520.So i think sometimes its pot luck when they let cheap seats out.myvacations seems to be good .

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

Hi Flago,

Maybe for one person, but they need 5. I think that would be more a problem and they have to fly in August due school Holidays. Airlines now that from 15 June until 15 Sep is high season out/in Europe & N. America. They always ask higher prices. Same with hotels in Europe & N. America. But for Thailand and even Australia it is "low" season and you will receive lower hotelrates.

Tony

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap flights to Bangkok from the UK

It is possible to still get some good value flights, but you need to shop around and experiment with different options (do not jut search for round trip).

I have to go to India for 10 nights in April followed by Bangkok for 5 nights and then fly back to London. The complete itinery is costing me £460

LHR - Delhi - BKK - LHR

Booked through Opodo, and largely flying with QATAR airlines.