We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darts and/or table tennis

Windsor, Australia
Level Contributor
162 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Darts and/or table tennis

Going to Bangkok in June with my hubby who's a first time Thailand visitor.

Staying near Nana station and was wondering if there are any places nearby for him to play either darts or table tennis which are his favourite things to do whilst on holidays.

Can anyone help?

Thanking you in advance !!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

For darts, try The Londoner at Soi 33 and Sukhumvit. It is in the basement of the office building on the corner, maybe a 20 minute walk or 2 Skytrain stops from Nana. A year ago I saw a couple of pubs open on Sukhumvit very close to Soi 4, but I have not been in them. They are a logical place to look for a dartboard though. I think there is an English style pub in the basement of the large hotel on Sukhumvit right near Nana station, but the name of the hotel disappeared from my memory when I started to type. It will be easy to find, walk up Sukhumvit on the even side, it is the first large hotel you come to past soi 4.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

I think it is the Landmark Hotel.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

It is the Landmark Hotel but the last time I looked they didn't have a dartboard.

Plenty of bars with pool tables in and around Nana if you can tempt him away from table tennis.

There is a pub with a dartboard in patpong behind the beer bars next street up from the night market and go go bars, don't know the name of it but it is immediately behind a beer bar called Chicken Divine.

Hope this helps

Chris

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

It is the Landmark Hotel but the last time I looked they didn't have a dartboard.

Plenty of bars with pool tables in and around Nana if you can tempt him away from table tennis.

There is a pub with a dartboard in patpong behind the beer bars next street up from the night market and go go bars, don't know the name of it but it is immediately behind a beer bar called Chicken Divine.

Hope this helps

Chris

UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

The best little bar I liked with a dartboard was The Ship Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 23, on the way to Soi Cowboy (not far from Nana at all).

I'm not too fussed on being back home when abroad but we jumped in there when it was raining and had a ball.

As for the bar in Patpong, are you thinking of Bobby's Arms because I'm sure that has a dartboard.

And how's this for a website:

http://www.dartsthailand.bamboosiam.com/

I can't say I've ever seen table tennis in a normal bar. I've only ever seen them in hotels (and don't be fooled by the offers of Ping Pong in Patpong!!!!!).

Windsor, Australia
Level Contributor
162 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

Thanks heaps :o) I will check them out and definitely be wary of the ping pong offers from the girls at Patpong..haha..

7. Re: Darts and/or table tennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:18