We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

Has anyone stayed in a junior suite at the Marriott Resort & Spa with children? Are the 'single' beds you can book actually big enough to share (i.e. more like a British double bed)?

What age children can stay with their parents in a junior suite?

And is the club lounge open to children?

Thank you for your help

WW

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

WorcesterWoman

i suggest you contact the Marriott directly with your questions.

generally most hotels have a 3 person to a room/suite maximum. however they may be more flexible in regards to children.

i have known families to stay at the Marriott with children, but they were young at under 4 y.o.

i believe the Marriott will allow 2 children at 11 y.o. or younger to stay in the room with parents. if you require x2 beds i think one is comp;limentary and the other you have to pay for. but check directly with the hotel.

finally i don't think the club room is worth the extra money.

bkk3

Glos
Level Contributor
91 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

We are a family of five and stayed in two adjoining suites. The three children shared one suite and the youngest who was 11 had a roll away bed. We had a huge king size bed which you had to climb up into!

As we were upgraded through a travel agent we were told we couldnt have access to the Club Lounge without paying extra and we didnt think that this was worth it.

Hope this helps

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,266 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

We stayed in a junior suite last year and, after a bit of a fight with management, we got free access to the Club lounge, which was great, but I don't remember there being children there. To be honest if the suite was super but not that large, just a big bedroom with elevated sleping area and a small siiting area with not much room for one extra bed,let alone two. Frankly to have one extra bed in there woulkd have taken away the advantages of having a suite. The Deluxe rooms are excellent, particularly the river facing ones, so two of these might be a better arrangement.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

Thank you for your replies - the rate I have been quoted included club lounge access, and was quite reasonable - but if the children weren't allowed in the lounge, we wouldn't really use it either, so maybe we will go back to plan A and stick to regualr rooms!

5. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2008, 11:32
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,266 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

As bkk3 suggested, I would contact the hotel to clarify club access for your children beforeb you decide. There weren't many children in the hotel at all when we were there (not school hols.)

7. Re: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa - children in junior suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 14:21