We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Flights to Bangkok

Is it just me or have the prices gone crazy? I flew out to Bangkok a few weeks ago and paid just over £600 for a return flight with Singapore Airlines. I have to go back to the UK for a couple of weeks in the middle of June, but plan to return on July 2nd. I've been looking at flights, and they all seem to be £2-£300 more expensive than normal! A return with Singapore Airlines is now over £900, as is a return with BA, EVA are now over £700 etc

Am I looking in the wrong places? Anyone know if these prices are going to come down (or heaven forbid, increase further!) at all over the next few weeks/months?

London
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Well July is beginning of U.K. holiday season so flight of around 700 gbp probably correct. Not being pessimistic i would say prices would increase if anything. You might get flight in the 600's gbp with Qatar, Gulf etc.. Take B.A. for example and their fuel supplement on long haul is whopping 158 gbp plus all the other taxes and charges. The governor of Bank of England made speech about economy last week and said 'the nice decade' is over. I think that applies to airfares as well.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Bangkok

I am looking for Singapore Airlines flights for next January and have just been told that the official prices are dueout "any day now". They have been passed by Head Office in London but not yet to booking agents. So at the monent any Singapore Airline price quoted is high as the agents (and Singapore Airlines) get as much as they can before the proper (lower, we all hope) prices ome out.

I got a quote for Heathrow to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian Airlines for £582. I searched on same site for LHR to Kual Lumpur thinking I would get a cheap AirAsia flight to Phuket and the total would come out less. Price for LHR to KUL is £580, so only £2 extra for KUL to Phuket flights!!! Crazy.

London
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Bangkok

I can understand 'official' prices for next January not being out, as that is next season but travel companies should have lowest fares for July by now.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Anyone know if this is possible:

You see some deals such as a return flight to bangkok/pattaya and 10 days stay in a 4* hotel for about £800. Would I be allowed to book this deal, stay the 10 days in the hotel, and then move on to bangkok choosing not to go on the return flight?

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Bangkok

What a stupid idea, ignore! I forgot I'd then have to pay for a one-way flight from BKK-LHR when I wanted to leave!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Bangkok

So you are looking for Depart Bangkok mid June, Return to London Heathrow (?) 2nd June?

If so, Qatar flight via Doha for £614 inc taxes for Depart 16th June, Return 2nd July. Go to www.qatarairways.com and search on your exact requirements.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Yeah, that's the cheapest I could find too :(

Anyone flown with them? Will it be a massive comedown from flying the A380 (which is superb btw) with Singapore Airlines?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Qatar is an excellent airline, rated 5* the same as Singapore Airlines, flying modern aircraft - but no A380s yet!. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) you have to change aircraft in Doha but this gives you a bit of time to stretch your legs as well as some last minute Duty Free buying. Etihad is just as good, flying via Abu Dahbi.

lancs
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Yes, flight prices are crazy now. I'm looking to return to the UK in October and the cheapest flight I can find is through Qatar approx 38000 baht (600GBP) I've flown with Etihad before which very good and also Emirates whose service I think is not as good as it was. Flying into Manchester reduces your options somewhat.

PS Check your stop over time on Qatar. Many connecting flights are over 8 hours!

London
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Bangkok

Flew with Qatar to Bangkok last year and probably best/cheapest non direct option. You could try Oman Air as they recently started service from Gatwick with transit in Muscat.