We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Watergate Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wollongong
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Amari Watergate Bangkok

Has anyone got any comments on the Amari Watergate Hotel Bangkok, in terms of location etc.. Looking at booking for 3 nights at the end of September. Cheers.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

We have stayed there many times. Nice hotel GTREAT location!!

Lindy.

wollongong
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Can you suggest a good tailor nearby?

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Sorry we don't bother with them anymore.

Maybe someone else can help???

Lindy.

Austin, tx
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

I'm staying there mid sept for 4 nights. I've heard good things about that hotel. Only negative was the sky train was a bit far away. I got the hotel for 120 USD / night including tax on priceline.com

Rayong
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Hi

Try for tailors at Pratunam Market not far from your hotel

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Very bad location ... please read my post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d300…

Try, instead, a place around Chitlom/Ploenchit area. With the same rates, you will find lots of nice hotels. My favorite is Thanon Lang Suan across Sukhumvit from Soi Chitlom. Fairly quite with less pollution as it is a one way street and easy access to BTS, attractions, shopping and embassies. Lots of good restaurants and serviced apartments such as Marriott Mayfair, Fraser Suites, Center Point, Natural Ville, etc.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Even I don't quite like the location of the amari watergate hotel. Why not stay at their other chain in Sukhumvit soi 5. Much better location there.

As for tailors, Crown Tailors on sukhumvit soi 8 should meet your needs definitely.

e.g.
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Hi ballygirl123,

I've been there before quite a good location. There's a shopping arcade just opposite & beside it. The one beside it looks run down but they have cheap things there. Worth taking a look. I would think it's easy access to chatuchap & other places. Excellent choice to stay in with comfort if you plan a luxuary stay in BKK.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

Love the Amari Watergate.

Its comfortable, nice location and nice friendly staff.

Within walking distance to the main shopping areas.

10. Re: Amari Watergate Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 22:18