We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok hotels.

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wal
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok hotels.

Hello all, my first stop on my 6 month travels will be Bangkok on 29th Dec. I will be travelling on my own. I intend to stay in Bangkok for New Year and then head to a beach resort for the remainder of my stay.

I need a hotel in central BK close to bars/restaurants that has a gym, big outdoor pool, decent rooms and a good hotel bar and wi-fi.

Price wise about £50 - 3000 baht (is that about right) a night.

I am looking on the web but thought someone on here might have a good suggestion.

I'm a 33yr old male on my way to Japan to snowboard for 3/4 months. If anyone else is on their own over New Year, let me know - i'll need a drinking partner.

Cheers Chris

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok hotels.

I would suggest somewhere on Sukhumvit.

Maybe majestic Grande on Sukhumvit Soi 2

Be careful which hotel you finally book as some put on a compulsory gala dinner on NYE.

The best place to enjoy NYE would be IMO in front of Central World Plaza. The huge NYE welcome party with 1000's of revelers.

If you have not booked your hotel yet I would suggest that you do so asap as it is peak season.

Enjoy your trip and snowboarding.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Agree to the comment mentioned above. Gala dinner will be included and price shall get high. I don't know the price condition for gala dinner but hotels at your budget can be found around Silom area. It's considered a centre of town and the liveliest area (shops/bars/subway/skytrain etc)

Would recommend Siam Heritage Hotel

wal
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Thanks for your replies, i'll have a look.

My next question will be which beach resort to head to !!

I'll be back !!

Cheers Chris

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Avoid the East coast of Thailand during Nov till Dec because of a rain. So must not go to Samui, Pha-Ngan, Koh Tao or Koh Nang Yuan

Better to the West Coast, nice time of the year!

Just choose the destination you would like--Phuket, Krabi, Phang-Nga, Satun, Trang etc.

If you're traveling alone, Aonang at Krabi and Patong at Phuket would complete your vacation. I found it a nice beach(a bit touristy not doesn't matter). The priority is there are shops/pubs around the beach and there many ranges of hotels

I can't recommend a resort coz i dunno your destination. you better pick up one

BKK
Level Contributor
363 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok hotels.

According to your conditions, I think hotels on Sukhumvit area like Amari Boulevard, Sheraton Grande, ... and on Silom area like Sofitel, Dusit Thani ... which all are on sky train routes should be on your first list.

For beach resort, many places are nice visiting. But regarding to your concerns, Phuket may be matched.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Tangel, your hotels are great but seem higher than his budget. Say the Sheraton Grande, i used to stay in this hotel, it costs USD 200 per night.

wal
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Thanks again for your replies.

Do you know of any hotels around Sukhumvit Soi 11 ?

Le Fenix Hotel ?

I have been to Thailand twice before but it was 8 yrs ago, stayed at Patong beach, not my cup of tea, Railay beach - very nice, Ao Nang - i think it is where you get longtails to Railay ? Phi Phi - never been, is it still nice ?

Thanks for your help.

I'll keep throwing questions at you if you don't mind.

Chris

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Le Fenix seems beautiful from its website but don't trust that too much. It's quite compact, the building looks not so nice but inside is well designed

My friends used to stay around that area but they stayed at Adelphi Suites. Pretty good as they said

Try to check this link for hotels in Sukhumvit RD.

http://www.bangkok.com/hotels/sukhumvit/

Hope find one you like

The main pier to Railay is available on Aonang beach, but actually there are many piers that you go to Railay beach too such at main pier in Krabi town or the pier on Nopparattara beach

Been to Phi Phi last year but only 2 nights and rush to somewhere else.there are many constructions :(

the beach and the nature still great though. I like diving there

Should you have further questions, please feel free to ask. I'm willing and hope it useful for you

Bangkok, Thailand
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok hotels.

I'd say you can stay at any 3/4 star hotel from Sukhumvit 11 to Sukhumvit 24. This area is fun and covenient for anything.

I usually check info and book hotels for my family on: www.agoda.com. Very good in Thailand.

I think Sukhumvit Soi 20 is a nice place, there are quite a few ok hotels in there, like the Royal Park View, Windsor Suites Hotel, etc... and this Soi is not too crammed with cars. Otherwise with your budget, you can just book any Accor hotel in the area (Sofitel, Novotel, etc...)

And about clubbing, I write about some clubs in Bangkok in my blog on http://forbiddencities.blogspot.com/ You can check it out and maybe go to those places.

Good luck.

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok hotels.

Hi;

The Landmark hotel on Sukhumvit road is great choice

for 3000 baht range