We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pratunam - urgent

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KH
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Pratunam - urgent

Hi dear all,

Deciding hotels in Pratunam area targeting for wholesale market like indra regent, pratunam, platinum, central world. Need to choose between Grand Watergate, Best Western Mayfair, Eastin, Baiyoke Boutique. Someone mentioned Baiyoke Boutique has some strange thing happening in the middle of the nite.. something got to do with the XX pushing them to wall.

Need to confirm today, please help.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pratunam - urgent

"something got to do with the XX pushing them to wall." huh???

Was it on the 8th floor???

Of the ones you have listed I like Eastin the most. However the one with the most central Location would be the Indra Regent. The Indra is located right at the center of Pratunam.

KH
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pratunam - urgent

do u think eastin is too far away from the pratunam? no food shops around i heard. abit confuse here. Indra looks too old and not cheap thoug.

could you gives us more preference?

so you are sure that the room with XX in on the 8th floor? u heard about it?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pratunam - urgent

Actually lots of food stalls around the Eastin. It was renovated last year so its very nice. You'll have to walk about 5mins to be in Pratunam.

Lots of tourist around too. If you are ok with a 5min max walk, I recommend it.

As to the thingy in Baiyoke boutique, lol I think I felt it. I stayed there last year before it became Baiyoke Boutique. One morning while sleeping felt a pressure on my back as if something was pressing/pushing against me. Turn and saw a "female" thought I was dreaming, tried pushing back and kept feeling the pressure. Finally I threw an elbow and it was gone. I went back to sleeping. Lol always thought it was a dream.......

I was in a room on the 8th floor. I was on long stay, 1 month. Always felt uncomfortable in that room and tried to spend as little time as possible there.

BTW can you point me to the thread/post about the XX lol

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pratunam - urgent

To mmonkie,

I mentioned on another question about the strange feeling at Baiyoke Boutique hotel. I had read it somewhere on the forum, but now I can't find it. Maybe the post got removed. I only read it within the last 2 weeks and can't seem to locate the post again.

It was about 3 people that had arrived there at midnight and when they opened the room door, they all felt strange. Anyway one of them wanted to freshen up in the bathroom and was brushing their teeth when they got pushed to the wall. Person freaked out got out of the bathroom quickly and the other 2 people in the bedroom at that same time, felt a weird feeling. They went to the managers office and asked for another room. They eventually got their room, but it wasn't as nice as the original room.

To jemtan

I know you must be stressing to pick a hotel, but the Grand Diamond Suite hotel looks nice. It's next door to Platinum Mall, it's across the road to the pratunam market area, 8 min walk to Indra regent- only because there's lots of people to pass, otherwise it would only take 4 min. And it's a 10 min walk to Central World.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pratunam - urgent

yes, i too have heard from the forum like the above comment.

It's an old building before but turned into a Baiyoke Boutique hotel. So there must be something strange!LOL

I would go for Diamond suite too and Amari Watergate for me is fine as well

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pratunam - urgent

Baiyoke Boutique was called Stella House before the change. It was also owned by the Baiyoke group and I think was their 1st hotel. Will investigate further.

I was always uncomfortable being alone in my room, maybe 'cos the little window didnt let in a lot of light. Always thought I was being soft :)

Oh look at PJ Watergate, it will be in the B1500 price range and is right across the road from Indra.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pratunam - urgent

To mmonkie

Found the other topic regarding bad experience at Baiyoke Boutique. Type in the search space

5 NITES IN BANGKOK@BAIYOKE BOUTIQUE HOTEL

It's mentioned last on there dated 30 august 2008.

Kerikeri NZ
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pratunam - urgent

Hi jemtan,

Stayed at the Indra Regent a few weeks ago, It's getting a bit "tired". What used to be an excellent, cheap breakfast has now gone up to over 1000Baht for 2 and the meal we had there one evening would have to be the worst we have had in Thailand. Mimi bar prices are high but there's a 7 11 over the road so got supplies from there. Good points are location, room rates and a reasonable pool. Would look for an alternative next time.

Kerikeri NZ
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pratunam - urgent

Just realised jemtan will have already confirmed his/her hotel.

Hope the info re the Indra regent may still be useful to someone !

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pratunam - urgent

Just thought I'd mention... There have been many ghost stories since the Tsunami. Some strange instances that have happened in hotel rooms have been reported.

There is also the story of the tuk tuk. ...A tuk tuk driver was asked to drive someone somewhere. At the end of the ride... the driver turned around and no one was there, just a pool of water on the seat! And yes, this is a true story.

Thais are all too familiar with ghost stories since the Tsunami. Just say the word "ghost" to a Thai and they get really uncomfortable. They know!