We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flights

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic flights

Hi

I have already booked a domestic flight (Thai airways)from Bangkok to Krabi and return back to Bangkok through the travel agency however, I now wish return to Bangkok a day earlier however my travel agent will not change it. So the question is would I be able to change the flight once there in Thailand has anyone been able to do this without having to purchase a new flight?

Many thanks for your help

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,683 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flights

I presume the class of ticket you purchased was non-changeable i.e. fixed flight/date, non-reroute, non-refundable (usually the cheapest possible) so it's a case of your travel agent can't change as opposed to won't change. If that is the case you won't be able to change it in Thailand either. That should have been made clear to you at time of booking.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic flights

Thats always the risk you take with budget airlines Bobby.The only thing i can suggest to minimise your losses,is the earliest and latest flights are normally the cheapest,so look into that and book it yourself on Thai airways web site to save even more...Its normally quicker and cheaper than a travel agent any how!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic flights

Hi Bobby,

Agree with Arandora, if your Agent has booked one of Thais "Hot Deals" it cannot be changed but for approx £3 more they could have booked a flight that is allowed one change. I would take this up with your travel agent.

The flight will probably be around £30 per person, you may have to cut your losses and if you fall in love with Thailand (like most) and return, I would look at booking your flights with Thai direct. Oh, and by the way Thai airways are not a budget carrier.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

xx

4. Re: Domestic flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:22