We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

Greetings from Portugal

I am planning my trip to Bangkok, where I will spend 2 and half days and staying at Holiday Inn (Sukhumvit area, I guess, not the HI Silom).

I will arrive around 4pm, so I believe that I wont explore much during that afternoon. Is there a nice place to eat around there?... (I intend to eat early and get to bed, so I can start the next morning “brand new”)

Now... as far as sightseeing…

I would like to see the Grand Palace complex, Wat Po, Temple of Dawn, shopping for good quality fake items (MBK?), hop-on and off the river boats, Khao San Road, Chinatown, Lumphini Park, explore the city by foot in general and more shopping!!!

Is this all (or most of it) do-able in two complete days and one morning (my flight to Chiang Mai departs at 3.30 pm)? BTW, what time do I need to go to the airport in order to get there in time to check-in?

Can you give me a plan to fit all sightseeing in my timeframe?

I was planning as follows:

Day 1

Grand palace (lunch at Peninsula riverfront restaurant), Temple of Dawn, Lumphini Park and dinner at Loy Nava cruise;

Day 2

Wat Po, river boats, (lunch at Baiyoke tower), Khao San road, MBK and dinner at Siroco;

Day 3 (morning)

Chinatown and airport.

What can or should I change? Is it too much in 2 days (I try to mix temples and shopping and nature to have different aspects of the city in the same day)?...

Sorry for the long post and please feel free to comment my itinerary!

All replies welcome! Thanks in advance!

Empire Tailors
Gift & Speciality Shops
Rajawongse Clothier
Gift & Speciality Shops
Raja's Fashions
Gift & Speciality Shops
Alex's Fashion Tailors
Gift & Speciality Shops
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

I suggest you cover Grand Palace, Temple of Dawn and Wat Po on the same day as these are located quite close to each other.

You can do Lumphini Park on Day 2.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

Oh, I see, ok.

How long will I take to see all those sigths?

1, 2, 3 hours?...

And how far are they from each other? Do-able by foot?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

my suggestion would be

day1: Grand palace, Wat Po, Temple of Dawn(these in walking distance). Then take a boat for lunch at Penin. continue by Sky train(BTS) to Silom and connect a subway to Suan Lum(night bazaar) and dinner at Siroco

Day2: shop till you drop at MBK. lunch at Baiyoke. afternoon to China town(but best at night time). spend night at Khao San RD. (there's nothing at day time)

Day3: take a look around your hotel(many shopping malls there like Gaysorn Plaza and Central World)

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

Sounds great and well organized!!!!! Much better than my initial plan!

Thanks for that tip!

5. Re: Bangkok sightseeing - help with itinerary, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:20