We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

I would like to have an Upper Blepharoplasty while in Bangkok in December. Seaching the web for recommendations and concerns. I'm finding prices in USD ranging from $700 (Siam Swan), $999 (Bumrungrad), and two other doctors at $1200 & $1335. Wow, this is a big difference for the same procedure by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon! Does anyone have information regarding Siam Swan-Dr.Niwet Sermsintham & Dr.Setthkkarn who operate this Clinic? I believe they have two locations Siam Square and MBK.

If I have this done, I only have two days in Bangkok and then must fly home to Arizona. Has anyone has this done, was it uncomfortable, painful? Having had this done would you be able to sit on a plane for 18 hours? One plus, I have a First Class ticket so I do have a bed to rest. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

THERED

BKK
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

look at this sites.

singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic43085-0-asc-…

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

I do not think that it is advisable to travel 2 days after an op.

I have never heard of Siam Swan Clinic. But a clinic in MBK which is a shopping mall selling cheap stuff????

If you are fixed on BKK, why not look at Pra Ram IX Hospital? Highly qualified and dedicated doctors and staff who speak very good English.

Prices are lower than Bumrungrad.

If you are not fixed on Thailand - I would opt for Singapore.

Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

Thank you, I will definitely check out the other facilities. Yes, I was concerned about a Clinc in a shopping center, but this does hold down their costs, doesn't necessarily mean the doctor is not qualified. They do have a web site on line;www.siamswan.com

I haven't made my decision if I will have this done, maybe I should save my $$$$, grow old gracefully and safe the $$$ for another vacation!

Thanks again.

melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

My sister had an Otoplasty and I had my Chin & Face (lipolyis) @ Siam Swan. Dr Niwet is a Great Dr. He will not dissapoint. Just book with him, hes Surgery is lovely and he is a lovely man.....

I would not book to see any Dr then Him. Dr Niwet

Leigh Scouller

bangkok
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

Hello .. do not have anything done by Dr Settakarn at Siam Swan . I had portrait plasma resurfacing ... supposed to be for full face 30 to 45 minutes treatment .. he was over booked and spent 5 or 6 minutes rushing the treatment missed many areas.

I said i was not happy to pay 20000 baht for only half my face being done and all my eyelashes on one eye burnt and was told to pay all immediately or they would call police!!! Police arrived and were very nice to me . but they could not really do anything .. now my face half lasered patches everywhere .. i will have blotchy uneven scarred face now.. So PLEASE DO NOT go to this clinic

BLOTCHYGIRL.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

There is no legal recourse if the quack messes up.

I'm very wary of Thai doctors qualifications. Most overseas experience is very short. "Fellowships" never mention 'fellow' where.

Not only jewellers in Thailand can be a scam. There are more scams.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

I have had Upper Blepharoplasty and LOWER. (Not in Thailand.) I have had other stuff done there. It does effect the holiday. It is a good thing you are not having the bottoms done as it is the norm to be blind for 3 days if combined with the upper eyes. You would not be able to fly as you can't even see the TV or where the bathroom in your room is. Someone has to bring food to you so you can eat.

In your case... your eyes will be very black and blue. Also swollen. Be glad it's the end of your holiday as you'll get a lot of looks from Thais. (Even at the airport.) It scares them. You might hear comments like... gu-a! (...means scared!) Sunglasses won't completely hide it.

There are some bad surgeons in Thailand and a few good ones. I know you don't want to hear this but the Thai doctor will tell you... 3% of Thailand's eye surgery as well as lower face and neck surgery leaves patients looking like a stroke victim.

Having said that...

I would check out Bumrungrad Hosp in Bangkok. REMEMBER rule of thumb. I say this for good reason. You will be OK if you use the rule of thumb.

You need to set this up before you go. After you choose a doctor email and ask if your doctor is available on the day you want. This hospital has a built in swimming pool, hotel area, Starbucks and McDonald's - it's a 5 star! Check the surgeon's before and after - use it as a reference.

I would pay close attention to what Blotchygirl says.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

Rule of thumb: Web sites can be deceiving... always look at before and after pictures!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

DR NARA. - Good web site! - EXCELLENT before and afters!

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Plastic Surgery -Blepharoplasty @ Siam Swan Anyone?

I had an endoscopic brow lift with Dr Niwet 4 years go and he was very good! Stayed in Piyavate Hospital for two days for the procedure. He was very careful to give me a good symetrical brow lift without the "surprised" expression which can happen with an endoscopic brow lift.

So, if you are considering facial surgery, go with Dr. Niwet. I don't know anything thing about the other doctors at his clinic.