We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

So I'll probably reach my hotel (not far from the Khao San Road) about 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning. After being on the plane for a very long time I'll be anxious to walk around a bit. Any recommendation on a bar that is a good place to get a few drinks at? I realize there might be a ton of choices but I'm also thinking there might not be at that hour. I just want a friendly bar that isn't a dance club and doesn't have music blaring in my ears. Does this places exist on the Khao San? Which bar should I go to?

Mentioned in this post
Khao San Road
Khao San Road
11,238 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
De Commune
Dance Clubs & Discos
Insanity Nightclub
Dance Clubs & Discos
Live RCA
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Mixx Discotheque Bangkok
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,241 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

Mateo, I'm sorry to tell you this, but the bars are all closed by 2 AM, except in a few designated entertainment districts like RCA. I've never haunted KSR after closing time, but I imagine there are some after-hours dives there, and possibly some ad-hoc outside beer bars spring up for the bar workers and night birds.

If you like live blues and straight-ahead guitar-based rock, head for Ad Here the 13th the next night. Just go to the bottom of KSR, where the police station and temple are, cross the main street (Chakrabongse) and turn right. Walk about 5 minutes, crossing Phra Sumen Road and then the bridge over the canal, and the bar is right after the canal. Very talented musicians, and if you're lucky, Thai blues queen Georgia will be singing. The crowd is mainly local, expats and "arty" Thais, with a few tourists thrown in. Sometimes "special guests" are invited to play and just blow the joint apart.

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

likes been said most places will be shut but from my visit a couple of years back there was 1 or 2 places to grab a beer but they were more food places rather than a bar but beer was available and 1 spot even had a pool table or 2.

these spots where on kho san road but situated more to the end where bk is.

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

Thats cool. Would the streets still be crowded at that hour?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

Yep, there will be people around. My fave thing to do late at night round there is to cut thru to Ram Buttri (one street over) and grab something to eat from the Phad thai sellers or one of the little food stalls and watch the world go by. There will be people selling beer as well. I imagine they will still be doing this at that time, hopefully?

5. Re: Which bar on the Khao San Road after I finally arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 18:18