We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navalai River Resort

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Topic
Navalai River Resort

Hi there, Has anyone stayed at this hotel, looks ok on their website but would like to hear from anyone who has been there recently.

Cheers Cathy

Western Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navalai River Resort

Hi Cathy and Gary

We are booked to stay at the Navalai next month so we will let you know what we think of the hotel.

We met you both and your sister in Phuket in the middle of 2007 at the Friday night bbq. There is still a photo on your website.

Our best regards to you.

Jane and Elizabeth

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navalai River Resort

Hi Cathy and Gary

We are booked to stay at the Navalai next month so we will let you know what we think of the hotel.

We met you both and your sister in Phuket in the middle of 2007 at the Friday night bbq. There is still a photo on your website.

Our best regards to you.

Jane and Elizabeth

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navalai River Resort

Hi there Jane and Elizabeth, how could I forget you two haha. That will be great, its been hard to find out much about this place so Im looking forward to hearing what you think.

Is this another mother/daughter holiday?

Cathy

Scotland
Level Contributor
277 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navalai River Resort

We're also currently planning a trip & saw this post. Hotel looks nice but we don't know this part of town. We normally stay around the landmark/ Nana area. Is it good for outdoor type restaurants & amybe a little music?

We were actually considering the Citi Chic hotel - any comments about this?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Navalai River Resort

We stayed at the hotel over new year period for 3 nights 3 riverview rooms. The location of the hotel is great next to the Phra Athit Pier and very closed to Khao San road. Please look at my reviews about this hotel in tripadvisor. The room is very clean and the staff are very friendly. And its worth every single penny.. I researched this place for about 6 months and very happy with our experience there!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
277 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Navalai River Resort

Think we're gonna go for it. I notice there's a couple of reviews saying there's a noisy kareoke bar accross the street which is open until 3am. Sounds like we'd need to pay for a river side room (not that that would be a hardship!)& the price is still reasonable.

Are there any open air restaurants/ bar with nice music in the area?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Navalai River Resort

Hi Cathy

Yes, this is another Mother/Daughter trip with the additions of 1 niece, 2 nephews and a brother.

Elizabeth went back to Phuket last year with a friend and enjoyed another bbq and the elephants (with a giant hangover I heard later).

I was checking your site for info on Singapore only the other day.

Philyeoh, I had read your review of the hotel with great interest thank you (I see there's another review today) and I cant wait to stay there.

I will post a review of the Navalai in late February.

Cheers

Jane

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Navalai River Resort

I am sure you all will have a fab time if you choose the right rooms. I have booked myself to stay there when I go back in Mar 09. The restaurant overlooked the river. One of our rooms was next to the building work next door and we did not hear much noise.. The taxi meter outside the hotel to MBK is only about TBH70.. If there is 2 or more in a group, its cheaper to use a taxi than catching a riverboat and sky train. But we had a great time simply going up and down the river in the evening just absorbing the beauty of Chao Praya and the city

San Francisco
Level Contributor
230 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Navalai River Resort

I stayed there in Nov. Riverbreeze room was great,overlooking river. The riverboat is 19baht one way to skytrain.how can u say taxi is cheaper.there is a travel agent lobby level her name is Kun, she is very very nice, and she will set take care of you BTW riverbreeeze room was 66 dls a night

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Navalai River Resort

Thanks for your replies everyone, the hotel sounds lovely and has moved to the top of the list.

Let me know how you get on Jane & Elizabeth ok.

Cheers Cahy