We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long could this last?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long could this last?

I'm in Krabi right now and am going to take a train towards BKK today. This was my BIG decision. Go to BKK and wait it out, or go to Phuket and leave the country that way. My flight doesn't leave until Wed. (Dec. 3rd) and I was hoping that it would end by then. What would you do?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long could this last?

What I would do is contact my airline and find out what they are doing to help you. Some flights are operating from U-Tapao airport near Pattaya. This will not be solved by the 3rd December - PAD have been protesting since 2 years, during the Taksin regime, and they won't be satisfied until they get the authotarian government they want.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long could this last?

I replied to your another thread as follows:

>In case UA doesn't operate to and from U-tapao even temporarily during the closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport, you might consider flying out of Singapore Changi. They have a scheduled daily flight from there to NRT.

I contacted UA Tokyo the day before, and they say they won't impose administrative fees incurred to a flight change or rerouting on the passengers supposed to flying into and out of Bangkok during the designated period in relation to this mess. The ticket needs to have been issued on or before 25th Nov. You need to pay for transport from Phuket to Singaore though. They will put onto the next available flight out of Changi.

Anyway, contact UA by yourself. They may give you favorable treatment.<

BTW, I flew with United from Bangkok to Narita on the 10th, two weeks before the current insurgence occurred in Suvarnabhumi.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long could this last?

Mateo

currently there are flgiths from the military airport in bangkok but not many per day! Phuket may be an easier option if you can get flights out! there are flights to singapore and KL but none leaving before thurday at this point.. all flight till thenbooked out.. no sure what you best way would be going to US. Maybe get on the web and play around with some other options.

Cheers

Chelle

Seattle
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How long could this last?

Thanks Chelle (and the others)-

I just booked at ticket to KL for the 6th of December as I couldn't find one sooner. I called my airline and they will give me a refund for the original trip out of BKK. Then I'll find my way home from there. Big headache for sure but I'll even have a bigger headache if my flight on Wednesday (Dec. 3rd) actually flys and I'm not on the damn plane. Anyway, it will all be figured out aooner or later. Cheers to all!

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long could this last?

We have family stuck for the last 4 days in bangkok awaiting a flight to sydney. They have been told by their airline that they will not be allocated a flight until Thursday and will arrive back in Sydney on Friday morning.

Good Luck

Trish

6. Re: How long could this last?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 06:39