We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel In Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Hotel In Bangkok

My wife and I will be in Bangkok overnight later on this month. Any suggestions for a hotel for 1 night in a nice area not to expensive. All we need is a clean room, quiet (we get in Bangkok around 12 at night) and easy to get the the day market. 3 star is perfectly ok.

Sydney
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel In Bangkok

Check out Room @ Silom - a 3 star hotel near Sky train station, $40 USD ish /per night.

If you vant better, near this one, there is the Montien - around $100/night.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel In Bangkok

I'm often loathe to mention this one as I think its a real find. The Swan Hotel is located right behind the Oriental Hotel in the Riverside area. Close to the river for ferries and also within walking distance of Saphan Taksin (the BTS service).

The website is www.swanhotelbkk.com prices are very low, rooms are basic but very clean and the staff are excellent. The manager is very efficient responding to your emails almsot immediately.

Email: manager@swanhotelbkk.com

It has a very nice swimming pool also.

Tamworth
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel In Bangkok

We always stay at Asia Hotel. It is well linked to the airport by Sky Train. Cheaper to get a room with no windows (you will not notice the difference). US$ 60 with full American breakfast! Recommended.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel In Bangkok

Skytrain to the airport isnt open yet.

Depending on your budget, you can have a look at the Anorma Hotel. Its old but its location is excellent. Right in the BKK CBD area and across from central World, 200m to Pratunam Market. Walking distance to BTS/Skytrain.

The Baiyoke Suite is cheap, but old and badly in need of reno. But located in Pratunam market and walking distance to alot of shopping malls.

5. Re: Hotel In Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:18