We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Has anyone done this particular tour? I have read mixed reviews about the tiger temple, but was wondering about the breakfast with the monks tour

thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Haven't tried that one, but it just creeps me out that they keep the tigers drugged so much. Just based on that, I won't go. Bob

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

A good number of Bangkok-based tour guides (Thai) are boycotting this temple, which speaks volumes.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Dragonc...could you elaborate on the reasoning so many guides are now boycotting the Tiger Temple? And what seems to have changed your opinion of the place?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

I just did the Tiger Temple Tour because I wanted to see for myself. I didn't do the breakfast with the Monks I was satisfied with what I did.

I walked a big tiger part way to the canyon. Most of what I saw was good. ~PM me and share what bothered me. All and all I'm still glad I went but once was enough.

But hey...Walton - if you want to do a really cool tour in the same area. *Consider bathing with the elephants. It was FAB! Nothing to hang onto! No box on back! It was a hoot ...in fact the high light of my trip!!

We did the floating market, TT and than bathing with the elephants (took a change of clothes - very cool!) Than River Kwai (which was not boring.) Cool street stalls to shop as well as street food in the area. If you book a good guide it makes a difference to the quality of any of the tours.

Regards!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Fish - I posted my rreasons for a change of mind a while back on another thread. Basically, I had a meeting with a group of guides here in Bangkok. We discussed all kinds of things, and when I mentioned the Tiger Temple, they told me that conditions were poor, some animals were traded illegally, and the monks were charging some unfair rates. For Thai guides to want to boycott a place, it must be grim, as usually they are happy to take customers where ever.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

Thank you very much. I missed your earlier posting. Your reasons are all very valid, and the same ones that I have for not going there.

7. Re: tiger temple breakfast with the monks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 21:22