We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

I am arriving after midnight and am wondering what the best, and safest way to get to my hotel? Does anyone have any knowledge about this, including the cost?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

Taxi from the taxi queue at the airport.

The cost will be roughly B300 + tollway fees (B100) and airport taxi surcharge B50.

Make sure they use the taxi meter.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

Midnight is a typical arrival time at BKK.

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

taxi it is and the breakup given above sums the fare up pretty accurately...also if i may it helps to have your hotel name printed out in Thai for the taxi desk...but of course you would have already read that in the insider pages...

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,188 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

Refuse or ignore all taxi or limo touts inside or outside the terminal. Step outside the doors and look for a sign saying "Public Taxi." Give the dispatcher your destination and he pairs you with a taxi.

Don't even discuss any flat fare.

The metered fare should be around 250 baht - no MORE than 300, plus 50 baht airport surcharge, plus 70 baht in tolls.

You can tell the driver not to take the highway after midnight and save the tolls; it won't make a lot of difference in time at that hour.

Make sure you have 100 baht notes from the money changer or ATM machine. In the ATM, punch in 9900 instead of 10,000 to force the machine to give you some 100s. Bangkok taxi drivers can't or won't accept 1000 baht notes.

Otherwise, if you're using the expressway, the toll stations are obliged to change big notes, so pay your first toll with a 1000.

Lots of flights arrive after midnight. You'll find the airport bustling at that hour. And Bangkok is a 24/7 kind of place, anyway.

Limburg
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

Does anybody know what the correct E-mail adres is of NUCH ? She had a taxi company and last year, She arranged a taxi for us from airport to hotel.

It was goof service, no waiting and she as very friendly.

Thanks in advanced,

Dries

6. Re: Arrive at midnight, how do I get to the Hotel (Banyan Tree)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 22:17