We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

We plan to be in bangkok for 3 nights in october.

I would like to be close to the skytrain,shopping, markets and temples.

I dont want to stay in backpacker areas.

Looking to spend around 2000 baht per night, less if we can.

I would like a comfortable clean room 3 or 4 stars would be good.

Any help would be much appreciated as first time visit and I have no idea of the different area's.

Empire Tailors
Gift & Speciality Shops
Rajawongse Clothier
Gift & Speciality Shops
Raja's Fashions
Gift & Speciality Shops
Alex's Fashion Tailors
Gift & Speciality Shops
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Try room@silom 5 minutes walk from sky train and night market at patpong. I have posted a review.

Or Nanatai mansions short walk to Nana skytrain and night market, they even offer a complimentary tuk tuk service if you don't fancy the short walk. Again I have published a review.

2. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2009, 19:32
Hawaii
Level Contributor
219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Stay around Silom as stated above, holy cow October, the prices will change up and down by then. At most hotels you should still be in low season so that should help bring your price down.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Nana-area is not very nice for white ladies - it's girly business!! Do not choose that area!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

I have to disagree with the post above, Nana area as such is fine it is only the Nana Entertainment Area and the soi it is off that is "girly business" there are some good shops restaurants and hotels in the Nana area that are no where near the Entertainment area.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

I agree with LondonChris - the hotels in and around Soi 2 and 4 are not bad at all. I have stayed at the Majestic Grande 3 times and was not in the least put off by the Nana Entertainment area on Soi 4. You can easily avoid it if you choose and the area is close to transit, restaurants, and other options.

Amk
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

My good recommend is Patumwan House apartment at about 1,000 baht per nite.Email: info@patumwanhouse.com. I used to stay whenever I came here for holiday. Short distance(just walk across overhead bridge) to MBK and other shopping centre. But if you prefer hotel, then you choose Hotel Asia(Abt.3K+ baht) The skytrain entrance is inside the hotel 2nd floor lobby.

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

hi baan sukhumvit boutique hotel on soi 18,great little hotel and minute from sky train,very new as well

sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Hey Becca,

I spent xmas in albury actually. Bloody Hot!

Anyway, the question at hand.....

When in Bangkok I stay at Pathumwan Princess. It is above the MBK shopping mall which has direct access to the sky train at National Stadium station.

Clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfast and pool to cool off after a long day shopping/temple hopping.

The are is Siam Square which has heaps of the big malls.It is quite a modern area.It is close enough to Chinatown if you want to do the bug eating/street food thing. Good markets are just a skytrain ride away too!

Good luck with you choice.

Bangkok
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: In need of help with accomodation in bangkok

Gulliver's Tavern Hotel!! Definitely worth your money and close to everything you need to be close to =)

www.gulliverhotel.com