We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dome for dinner or just drinks

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
The Dome for dinner or just drinks

Hi, can anyone tell me the average price in Australian dollars for dinner at The Dome.

Also can you just go for a drink and if so can we take teenagers ages 14-17 to the bar area.

Any information would helpful.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
96 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

hi there,

i have just called them a couple of days ago. As far as i know, you can just have a drink at sky bar. But it is a little pricey up there. A cocktail may cost about 500 baht maybe. A dinner for two wihout wine can reach 5000baht. Heard that the view is good though...cheers!

sydney oz
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

101hol, hi guys, we ate there last night, sunday night, the view was FAB, yes drinks are expencive 400bt + the set menue is 3500 or 4500bt wine 1500- 8000+.

You can order alacart it had an average of 1500 bt+

It was our 33 Anerversary, so we went all the way.

To eat or drink at the highst outside resturerant in the world is a buzz, so if you can bring the kids they will love it, have a drink, take a gezillion pics, worth the memories.

The sevice was outstanding, they have a band playing smooth Jazz, so to me that was the icing on the cake, view, food, music and company made it an unforgetable evening.

The dress is smart casual,owe yea we are staying there on the 55th floor, on the 51st as I type, Flyer points "Rock"!!!

Scott....Sydney...just a Tradie

singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

are you sure the food is so cheap?

i had mine at the Breeze. dinner for 2 cost us 4500baht.

did u mean 1500 baht average a dish?

sydney oz
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

Hieny, yes 1500bt + per dish, set menu 3500- 4500 per pax + wine + 10% service tax + gov tax.

But all said an done, a great view,

We ate down the road in soi 50 a little Thai resturant, oppersite market/ food plaza/ shed!!

Meal was great, eagels on dvd, chung, so you can eat at all levels and still enjoy life.

Scott...in lounge ready to fly home...

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

Hi, there a several restaurants in the State Dome Buildning, Sirocco is the moist famous bar with stunning views.

http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/index.html

See the link above, there are also menues included so you can see the rates as well.

Called them a short while ago asking about our friends 15 yrs daughter to join us in the bar and they said yes, it was ok. But remember the dress code for the kids too, no shorts or sandals!!

6. Re: The Dome for dinner or just drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 06:40