We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

I am making this post after an amazing day with this tour service and the most professional and knowledgeabele guide, Jerry.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this tour service if you are in Bangkok and want to see major temples, sights and destinations. This tour made a crazy hectic city come alive for us. Jerry is an absolute PRO and he has a wealth of knowledge to share that you will never get if you tour these sites alone. There is so much history and influence on Bangkok and he shares every detail with you. He goes out of his way to make sure you are taken care of and get to see and do what you ask for.

This tour service is a MUST DO if in Bangkok for the first time.

Ask for Jerry, I promise you expectations will be exceeded!

Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Boat Tours
Follow Me Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Withlocals
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips, City Tours
Gnosall, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

Hi

have you got a web site or email address you could post please ?

thanks

Kinno

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

http://www.tourwithtong.com/

They are super fast in getting in touch with you. The site shows their general tours but you can outline your own as well.

Cheers

edinburgh
Level Contributor
153 posts
550 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

I am delighted to read someone else who shares my views on this guy. I posted a review on this forum about the benefits of using a guide and I specifically mentioned and praised him for being so knowledgeable and interesting (unfortunately I got berated by some "know it all" who insisted I must be a tout doing a plug for him.)

After we got home from holiday I sent an email to Tong just to let her know personally how much we had enjoyed our time with Jerry. I have just received a note back from her to say that he had been really unwell on the day he was with us. He had never mentioned this at all and had never given us any indication that he was anything other than 100%. I can genuinely support your praise of him as we had a similarly brilliant time.

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

Honestly, you have to ignore those sort of posts on Trip Advisor.

He was amazing. My husband got a blister from wearing flip flops on the tour (BIG MISTAKE) and he ran off, leaving us on a bench to wait, to buy a cheap pair of sandals so he could continue without pain. The guy is sweet, and kind, and the service is FANTASTIC. The history they give you about where you are is the difference that made Bangkok for us.

Ignore the foolish replies.

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

there seems to be a spate of plugs for Tong and Jerry the last few days.

never happened like this before for Tong. all people who use Tong and post here give detailed JBRs rather than just plugging the names.

Bangkok business must be slow.

Just trying to keep 'em honest!

bkk3

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

I can't understand why people are so cynical and pessimistic. You are not first time posters at all.

Just showing your photos, I think it would clear the air up.

I dont expect to read the full report of everyone though.

Maybe the business for the one who arranged the tour for their family must be slow, that's why he has so much time to write cynical posts regarding the other tour guides.

They are always honest and you dont need to keep them honest. They deserve the long lasting reputation, not discouraging msg from the one who never use them and dont even personally know them.

dev
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

We had Pook in June 2008, she was absolutely fantastic, we met up with Tong at the Tiger Temple but we were thrilled we got Pook

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

So glad to hear that Jerry is fantastic.. I am a friend of Tongs (after having used her on our first trip to Thailand) and this coming trip she has booked us in with Jerry for the day! I cant wait! Thanks for sharing the information!

Gnosall, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

Have just returned from a holiday which ended with 3 days in Bangkok, I will write about the great time we had and all our experiences when I have some time to spare. I want to do this so others can benefit, as we did, from the excellent advice and tips we received from this site BUT THIS CANNOT WAIT !! Following recommendations we booked with Tong and her advice and itinery proved to be spot on. Everything was as she promised from the collection at the airport to vehicle we had for the tours, the driver (Tod - an absolute gem) and the itinery for the full 3 days and to top all this we were SO lucky to have Jerry as our guide. I cannot express how delighted we were to have his company, care, attention, knowledge and such kindness for this time. He made our stay there just perfect and I will be writing to Tong to thank her and to praise Jerry, he is a lovely man and I do hope that if anybody is thinking of going to Bangkok you contact Tong and if you are lucky you may have Jerry as your guide to make your stay as perfect as ours.

Kinno

More to follow when I have caught up on all the jobs after our 23 days away !

10. Re: Bangkok - Tour with Tong - guide Jerry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:21