We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How reliable is www.sawadee.com

singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
How reliable is www.sawadee.com

May I know if they are as reliable as asiarooms.com/asiatravel.com/zuji etc. Thought of booking my hotel rooms with them, as their price are rather good.

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

agoda.com was the best price for sure..check it out youself.booked bunyan tree resort in phi phi,then read it was like a construction site at moment,emailed agoda and they changed it free of charge.very good service.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
230 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Agoda, Not that good,Someone always post that their good, I think they work there

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Marassa and Dannyboy;

For Marassa: I've used Sawadee and Agoda exclusively for the last 3 years. I travel to Thailand from US three times a year, two weeks each trip and make reservations for many different destinations in the country, usually hotels in Bangkok, Chiangmai, Phuket, Pattaya, but also Udonthani and others. BUT I always check out other known RELIABLE sites and of course the Hotel's website to compare. Usually, about 85% of the time, Agoda has the best rate.

Agoda's LIVE customer service works, and is live. You talk to the customer service representative in real time and have a conversation. I've used that service 3-4 times when I needed to change or cancel reservations. I never had a problem, they responded immediately, and I was always satisfied.

Agoda's refund policy has always been timely when I had to cancel a reservation also.

As for your issues, maybe there are problems with the country your from, the exchange rates or something? I don't know.

There have been times when I found a better rate, for example the Hilton hotel in Hua Hin. I found the Hotel's website rate better than Agoda for the dates and room I wanted. I don't use Agoda exclusively, but I find it's my preferred choice.

As for Sawadee, I've used many times. But read their site and their refund policy. Here's a quote: "If you have to cancel a reservation, please do it as early as possible by email

or Fax. Deposits are usually non-refundable unless other notice." I actually had a reservation with them for Dec 08, and because of protests had t ocancel. I had already paid the full amount. I contacted them and they confrimed the "No refund" policy. But then their management rescinded temporarily that policy because of the unusual situation and gave a full refund. Note--I was going to reshedule through Sawadee for Feb 09, but I checked Agoda AND THEY HAD A LOWER RATE. So I made my reservation through them.

FOR Dannyboy;

You should make generalizations about people you don't know. I have yet to find a post here that I am 100% sure is from someone working for a hotel, travel agency, or guide service. If you had bothered to check my profile you would know I definitely do not live and work in Singapore. I live in Utah, and am a retired vet and work for the Air Force currently. I travel to Thailand a lot and as my profile says--it's one of my favorite destinations. I've been going there since 1973. So please keep your insulting and disparaging remarks to yourself. And do some checking on your own. If you have personal experience with either Agoda or Sawadee then state them. At least Marassa relayed his personal experience and I respect that. Your comment deserves no respect.

Craig

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Craig, I do believe that you personally have had a good experience with agoda - have no doubts about that. Just wanted to share that not everyone is as lucky with them and let the public see the full picture.

> Agoda's LIVE customer service works, and is live. You talk to the customer service representative in real time and have a conversation.

I had no time for a chat at the moment, so used their own web site form to send my complaint - what's wrong with that? When I sent them my complaint, I was not even aware of their price matching policy - just wanted to let them know about a glaring price difference between them and another booking site. I only got really mad at them when after five days of silence (I was not really expecting any reply by then) they suddenly chose to reply to the effect of "We have a great price matching policy but we will not apply it to you because it's now past 48 hours after your booking". I could not leave it at that and engaged in a series of increasingly idiotic communications where they first pretended they could not find the offer I was talking about, and, after I literally stuck their nose into the web page, they sent me a pdf form and told me to submit it within 48 hours of the booking - it was about 9 days after my booking by then and two days before my planned arrival at the hotel...

> Agoda's refund policy has always been timely when I had to cancel a reservation also.

In my particualr case the cancellation policy was "no refund if cancelled less than 31 day before arrival". I can post my complete communications with them here if anybody is interested.

> As for your issues, maybe there are problems with the country your from, the exchange rates or something?

I assure you they had no problems whatsoever charging my Mastercard in US dollars.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Marassa;

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them.

I'm especially surprised with "In my particualr case the cancellation policy was "no refund if cancelled less than 31 day before arrival". I can post my complete communications with them here if anybody is interested." statement.

I do believe they (like many others) state that refunds/cancelations are also subject to any restrictions the hotel itself may have. Maybe the hotel had a strict 31-day refund/cancellation policy? That isn't the norm for Agoda that I've seen. If I ever saw such a policy I myself would look somewhere else as that requiremnt is totally unreasonable. So I understand your displeasure in that case. Hope you have better luck in all your future reservations.

Craig

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Craig;

> Maybe the hotel had a strict 31-day refund/cancellation policy?

Yes it was the hotel's policy, not Agoda's. To make things clear, I am not complaining about this, just want to show that the policy depends on the hotel and is not ALWAYS as good as you were lucky to get used to ;)

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Marassa;

Oh OK. Understand now. Yes, I know not everyone has a great experience every time. I've read some horror stories. Even with Agoda. So far I've been fortunate.

Do you go to Thailand often?

Craig

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

> Do you go to Thailand often?

No, this was our first time. We prefer to go to different countries all the time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

Beware.

I have noticed with Agoda that the prices for the Hotel might be cheaper, but beware all the add on prices.

It is not just the Hotel price but the toal cost at the end.

So Beware of All Costs

Ed

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How reliable is www.sawadee.com

> I have noticed with Agoda that the prices for the Hotel might be cheaper, but beware all the add on prices

Good point Ed - Agoda and Expedia first show you one price but when you proceed to checkout they add various fees and taxes that can increase this price by almost 20%. One more reason to go with such sites as venere, directrooms or smartstays who show you the honest and final price from the start.