We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airport-connecting flight

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok airport-connecting flight

Hi everyone,

Can you advise me on connecting flight from Bangkok?I am flying to Bangkok from London with EVA AIR. I will be at the Suvarnabhum Airport, Bangkok at 15.45 Then I have connection flight with Bangkok Arlines to Phuket at 17.30.

Main questions I've got are:

- do I have to claim my luggage after landing in Bangkok or is it through-checked to Phuket.

- after getting off from the EVA AIR plane do I have go to the immigration first and then to the departure desk or there are signs directing me to the Bangkok Airlines flight to Phuket?

I have never flown before using connection flight so I am a bit worried.... I will be extremely grateful if you advise me on that..

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

Yes, you need to claim ypur luggage and go through the immigation before checking in to Phuket as it's the first city in Thailand where you arrive.

2 hurs connection time is a bit short to do all this...

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

Thanks for info, hope we can make it...

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

You've really worried me now!!

We have got several connecting flights over the 2 weeks we will be in Thailand, and we don't seem to have much time in between. just assumed that Tour company knew what they were doing!!

These are the ones that are worrying me:

Arrive Bangkok from Chiang Mai at 4.05pm & depart for Samui at 5.45pm

Arrive Bangkok from Krabi at 10.25pm & depart fro Heathrow at 12.15am

Would be grateful for any advice, I feel a phone call to Tour company coming on!! LOL

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
4. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 01:51
London
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

Hi everyone,

here's the answer I got from Bangkok Airways:

Thank you for interested in Bangkok Airway's service.

According to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that for minimum connecting flight at Bangkok Airport is 1.15 hours.

Normally we have agreement with Eva Airways to check through your baggage. For ensure please kindly contact Eva Airways

again.

For check-in we would like to separate for 2 cases as the below

1. In case Eva Airways accept to check through your baggage to Phuket, you are no need to go out to the departure hall

to check in again. You can check-in at transit area.

2. In case Eva Airways is not accept to check through your baggage to Phuket, you have to go out to pick up your baggage

and check-in at departure hall and go to the emmigration again.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
6. Re: Bangkok airport-connecting flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 11:21