We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Riverside Hotel?

Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Riverside Hotel?

Hi there,

Looking to stay in BKK for 3 nights (couple & 2 year old) and are thinking about staying riverside.

We are looking for easy access to the skytrain and a nice hotel with a pool - have been looking at the Shangri-La, Millenium, (can't afford the Oriental!!)

Does anyone have any recommendations about a suitable hotel, or has anyone stayed in any of the above?

Are there any other hotels on that side of the river that we could take a look at?

Many Thanks in advance,

Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

There was another question similar to this headed 'Which Riverside Hotel', it may help you. My favourite is Millenium Hilton. You can read my review on this and all other reviews.

Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

Thank You!

I don't know how I missed that post, sorry about posting an identical question....

Very helpful, will check them all out :-)

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

One of my my favourite hotels in Bangkok is Marriott Riverside on the Thonburi side of the river. They have lovely rooms, restaurants and specially a great garden-like pool-area suitable for both adults and children.

They also run a regular shuttle boat, an old rice barge style one, to Saphan Taxin, the end-stop of the southern Skytrain. From there it is also easy to take regular express boats to further north, for ex. to Grand Palace or even to Nothanburi village etc.

This hotel has a peacefull feeling all over, nice break from central hustle and trafic.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

What are some of the other riverside hotels located on the Thonburi side?

Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

Thanks for the recommendations - friends have already stayed at the Hilton and I have already been recommended the Marriot.

I've been told the Marriott is very child friendly, so we are taking a closer look at that.

JenJen - I believe the hotels on the Thonburi side are the Millenium Hilton, Peninsula and Marriott riverside. I've not actually been to Bangkok yet, so don't take that as gospel, but that is the hotels I believe are located on that side of the river.

Thanks again to everyone for recommendations!

Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel is highly recommend,beautiful hotel with nice views of the Chao Phraya river. The complimentary boat shuttle that takes you to the BTS is very convenient and allows you to easily access the entire city.

Espcially I saw hotels2thailand.com offer special promotion stay minimum 2 nights, Get Discount 2,291 Baht !!!

What ever way you decide to go have a great holiday.

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

Hello, try to look at The Chatrium Suite Bangkok is newly hotel and relaxed Living On the Chao Phraya, offering 5-star accommodation with a refreshingly city atmosphere on the banks of the majestic Chao Phraya River. Also the location is easily accessible by roads, BTS sky trains or the river.

Hope you like this ..

8. Re: Best Riverside Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 05:22