We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sudden change of hotel

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincs
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
sudden change of hotel

I have been really naughty! , Just decided to indulge on the last 2nts of our Thailand trip! Booked the Banyan Tree, heard lots of great reports so thought i would treat us. Is it worth booking into the Vertigo for a meal? x

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sudden change of hotel

Vertigo should have great food according to what I have heard from my friends, unfortunately no own experience (of food). Best food anyhow of all 3 top floor bars/restaurants in town.

lincs
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sudden change of hotel

Ive been thinking , i would love to have a meal there but im not good with heights. The handrails are very thin and not much protection. My husband really wants to go tho, im in a dilema what to do! He said to sitin the middle.

How far in advance do u need to book?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
797 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sudden change of hotel

Ate there once - food was excellent - glad I did not have to pick up the bill though.

Don't worry about height - I am not good either - you don't get the impression you are about to drop off the side any time soon - you don't see the ground - just the city lights - enjoy.

lincs
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sudden change of hotel

thanks , makes me feel better! Maybe i will just have to book it and be brave , how do u book a table in advance? Look on the hotel website couldnt see how to book , or i am i stupid and not looking correctly?

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sudden change of hotel

hi,

maybe you should contact the Banyan Tree: www.banyantree.com/bangkok/enquires.html

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sudden change of hotel

Banyan tree is just great if you are afraid of hights. Sirocco is most challenging in this point og view.

lincs
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sudden change of hotel

Ive emailed the Banyan tree.... awaiting a reply!

lincs
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sudden change of hotel

Ive done it. All booked! Hope i feel ok when i get up there!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: sudden change of hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:15