We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to station

East Midlands
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to station

We'll be arriving at Bangkok airport at around 11 pm, then catching an overnight sleeper to Nong Khai the next evening.

Can anyone suggest a mid-budget hotel that's fairly close to the station to make things convenient for us?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to station

There are not very many choises close to Hualanphong railway station but a lot of hotels have just a short taxi drive to the station.

Recommend Pathumwan Princess hotel by MBK or Novotel at Siam Square, on the other side of the station is Chinatown and it's hotels. Rama 4 locations are also close.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to station

Thanks Mekans. I'll have a look at all of those.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to station

Mandarin is on Rama 4

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,453 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to station

Hotel pickings are not so great around Hualamphong Station, but anywhere you stay on the MRT (subway - underground) line is only a few minutes away - much easier than a taxi and no traffic jams.

So, for example, around Asoke and Sukhumvit sois 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23 (Sukhumvit MRT Station), where there are dozens of hotels in all categories, around Silom Road and Rama IV, Lumphini Park (Si Lom and Lumphini MRT Stations), just to name a few.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to station

Thanks to all for your replies.

bangkok
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to station

Hi,there is guest house or hotel opossit Hua Lum Pong station.

Or find hotel in China Town : White Orchid,China Town hotel or Shanghai Mansion.

Hope this help.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to station

Siam or MBK is not close to Hualampong nor is it easy to get to. Siam (Novotel) is Rama I Rd.

There are not many hotels on Rama IV which leads straight to Hualampong station. Most convenient would be Dusit Thani which is at Silom MRT (underground).

from there it is 2 stops. Hualampong is terminal station.

Mandarin isn't a great Hotel.Montien Hotel is not bad and on the road to Hualampong, approx and 5 mins by taxi (depending on traffic) or 5 mins walk to Sam Yan MRT (one stop before Hualampong).

East Midlands
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel close to station

Thanks guys. Lots of suggestions there for me to check out.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel close to station

I think you should take the train from Don Muang station, not Hua Lamphong.

You'd save 40 minutes in train travel, and it's much closer to the airport. You can stay at the Amari Airport hotel, which is opposite Don Muang Station. It's about 1200 Baht a night with large rooms and a pool.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel close to station

Thanks TheWayUp, but we have to collect our tickets. There are six of us and we only have less than 24 hours in Bangkok so I was going to book the tickets to make sure we can all get first class beds on the sleeper.

I think I can only collect the tickets from the main station?