We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Bangkok only?

chicago, il
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in Bangkok only?

I'll be in Bangkok for 7 days/6 nights, but I was wondering if thats too much time there. Any suggestions for maybe a day trip or over night stay else where? My friend and I were looking at a possible 2 night stay in Pattaya.

We just want to make sure we're using up our time productively.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
330 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

I am in the middle of planning out my first trip to Thailand. I though about going down to Pattaya for 3 days for the beach. But then I read that the beaches in Pattaya are dirty and people go there more for the nighlife than the beach.

So I think I am going to head down to Phuket for 3 days. 1 hour 25 minutes by plane with plane tickets in the 120-150 dollar range.

If you just want to party in a place other than Bangkok, Pattaya should be a nice little break.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

HI

why are you going to Bangkok? and when.

for shopping ,siteseeing, partying, adventure?

7 days is a short time after flying that far.

when determines where you go, different parts of the country have better weather than others at certain times.

I would check out Krabi area for a few days cheap flights great beaches, sun and fun. But do at first of trip if you are into shopping.Save Bangkok for end then you can shop till you drop and not have to carry purchase's with you.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

I'll be in the Philippines visiting family for a few weeks so my friend I have decided to stop over Bangkok for a week. We'll be there the last week of May.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
116 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

There is a lot to do and see in BKK and 7 days can be filled easily there.

However,if you are a beach person, a 2 days/ one night trip to Ko Samet (2 hrs by or or bus) or to Hua Hin ( 3 hrs away) can be good options.

in addition, you can also take a day trip to Ayuttaya (highly recommended). An other day trip to Ancient City is a nice side trip as well.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

A week in Bangkok is a minimum, book a nice hotel with a good pool and you'll get some sunshine and tan when relaxing between the daily actions.

Travelling takes anyhow at leasrt half a day in one direction even you go to Koh Samed, which I recommend more than Hua Hin.

Forget Pattaya, it has nothing to offer to a while female!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

sweet. thanks for all the advice! pattaya is completely off my list of things to do now. lol.

UK
Level Contributor
897 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

Hi consider going to Amphawa for an overnight or maybe down to the Kwai ( Kanchanaburi ) and stay at a Hotel there. Many tour guides on the site. Tongs Tours www.tourwithtong.com or my preference is Wandee a licenced freelancce www.wandeetoursforyou.com mail cin1133@yahoo.com

Tong has a lot of good information on her site. Wandee#s site is light but I know she offers a tour to Amphawa and overnights at the Kwai as we have tried that with her and enjoyed it very much.

Good to hear you have discounted Pattaya.

If is your first time in Bangkok you could certainly easily use 3 days there. The Palace,the river and other major sites day or night. shopping then maybe an overnght elsewhere as above or to get some contrast to city life. Thats 5 days gone in the blink of an eye

Have fun planning, any questions please drop me a mail

Best wishes

David

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

If this is your first trip to Bangkok then 6nights is alright

please be warned of the jewelry scam that still exists

no matter what do not believe anyone who tells you that the temples or grand palace is closed and takes you to a tailor or jeweler in stead

it is a confirmed scam

please be very careful

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

Last year we spend 6 days in Bangkok and still didn't get to see or do everything.

Spend the whole time in Bangkok and pick a hotel with a nice pool so if you do get sick of shopping/sighting you can spend a day relaxing by the pool drinking cocktails.

We found ourselves on full-day tours to the River Kwai, Death Railway, War Memorial, Tiger Temple, Reclining Buddha, The Palace. Not too mention 1/2 day tours on Rice Barge, Klong trip then back to the hotel for a swim. Go shopping for a while then back to the hotel for a swim.

North England
Level Contributor
213 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 days in Bangkok only?

3 days too many